CCNP Voice in 8 Months Possible?

sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys. Despite it is a CCIE forum let me please ask you is it possible to earn CCNP VOICE in about 6-10 month?
Best, sacredboy!

Comments

• bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Sure its possible... especially if you have any experience to help back it up.

If not, you'll spend alot of time head down :)
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anything is possible...

I just completed mine. Restarted from scratch Aug 2012 (8-9 months) due to leaving it too long between exams, however I already had CCNA:V, CVOICE and CIPT1 completed. That said, I still felt I rushed the last 3 and now need to go back and fill in the blanks.

As Bob said, real experience helps, otherwise its head down...:)
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    It can be done, especially if you have experience. I started the Voice track in January and have passed CCNA Voice and three of the exams from CCNP Voice in four months. I hope to be done by July.

I have four years experience with CUCM, Unity Connection, and CUPS. Very little experience with gateways and zero with gatekeeper, CUBE, CME, Unity Express.

Read the books, watch the videos, and build a lab. Even better if you have a live environment or two just to poke around in. The Voice material really builds on itself as you get further into it, which helps a lot if you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals.

Good luck!
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually I do not have any voice experience yet, however all the necessary equipment for home labs will be available soon.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well yeah, but wouldn't it be better to get the experience or be in an environment where you can get some hands on experience while you do the certs at the same time? Wouldn't that make more sense?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    At your current level (going with your certs in your sig) and given you don't have any voice experience I would say its ambitious, esp as you're juggling R&S. You do realise that labbing the voice track properly will involve spinning up multiple servers (CUCM, presence, unity, preferably LDAP...) and preferably at least a PSTN and a SIP account going to real CUBE / convert to CME. Add to that DSPs for E1/qsig trunking or MGCP gateway, actually multiple so you can go back to back, and of course can't do this on 800s/1800s has to be expensive 2800s (would not go with 2600s far too old + no CME/CUBE features). Its actually pretty unfair compared to how easy labbing CCNP R&S or most of SEC is IMO.

good luck