hyperv vmms service not starting :( URGENT .. need Help ...

I am using Server 2012 ..

I can open hyper-v but cant create VM's

actually its service is not starting ...

please some one help ....

AMD FX 4100 processor
4gb RAM

enabled virtualization in bios

Comments

• BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What message does the event log tell you when it fails to start? Did you try removing and installing the Hyper-V role and re-adding your virtual machines to the Hyper-V Console inventory as suggested by the Technet Social message you posted?
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148

Tried everything ....

Updated .. re installed .... nothing working ...

event viewer showing ..
    1. A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service to connect.
    ID : 7009 on 10:07:44 PM
    2. The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

ID : 7000 on 10:07:44 PM
    3. The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service entered the running state.
    ID : 7036 on 10:07:47 PM

4. The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).
    ID : 7034 on 10:07:47 PM
    When I try to start using services ..
    it is showing , Windows could not start HyperV management service on Local Computer .
    Error 1067 : the process terminated unexpectedly

please help me icon_sad.gif
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I'm assuming this is on a desktop build...

Maybe it takes more than 30 seconds for the service to start but Windows is killing it because it thinks it's timing out?

Are you running Server 2012 in a VM itself? If so what resources have you allocated to it?
    Check the even log specific to VMMS and also check the device manager for any warnings or errors. Was this ever working or are you trying to get it to work for the first time?
    lsud00d No it is not in VM . . installed in a fresh machine ... hyperv worked for 2 days maximum :think: .
    after that ..... icon_sad.gif
    @Bloogen sorry ... How to check that .... m just a beginner .. trying to learn .. icon_sad.gif

Hyperv worked for one or 2 days .. created a virtual machine .. working good ... but after that ... again .. not working ..

Installed server 12 , 3 times ... and all time ... same thing is happening ..
    Open Event Viewer, Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows >
    Hyper-V VMMS, then check the different logs such as Admin, Networking Operational etc to try to discover a detailed log which may point to the source of the issue.

For reference there are other Hyper-V related logs in that area. Let us know if you see any errors that may assist.
    Bloogen wrote: »
    Open Event Viewer, Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows >
    Hyper-V VMMS, then check the different logs such as Admin, Networking Operational etc to try to discover a detailed log which may point to the source of the issue.

For reference there are other Hyper-V related logs in that area. Let us know if you see any errors that may assist.

ok ..

there are no errors in that side ..

No events in operational & storage side .

Admin & Networking .. everything is good ..

Admin >>

The Integration Services Setup Disk image was successfully updated.

Hyper-V Setup: Default Virtual Machine and Virtual Hard Disk paths have been successfully configured.

Hyper-V Setup: A virtual Ethernet switch has been created and bound to adapter 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller'.

Hyper-V Setup: Remote management has been successfully enabled for members of the 'Hyper-V Administrators' group.

The Integration Services Setup Disk image was successfully updated.

Found a certificate for server authentication. Remote access to virtual machines is now possible.
    .......etc ..

Networking >>

Ethernet switch port connected (switch name = '7D72A6EA-026A-48ED-8976-44A8E8BA38C7', port name = 'E1F7529E-C821-44E2-9CD5-18B6062B86A2', adapter GUID = '{CAB5B07D-E138-41AC-9231-AA2CC0B57226}').

Ethernet switch port connected (switch name = '7D72A6EA-026A-48ED-8976-44A8E8BA38C7', port name = 'E455B0EE-14C1-4773-9A12-36D10E698155', adapter GUID = '{E08B5131-6EB3-41BB-8E2D-295F204E49D4}').

Internal miniport created, name = '2DD29DCA-3799-459A-A43A-9BF7DAB4F213', friendly name = 'vEthernet (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Virtual Switch)', MAC = '94DE8003E91B'.

External ethernet port '{E08B5131-6EB3-41BB-8E2D-295F204E49D4}' bound. ....

thats also good .. no errors...
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check page 6 in the preview for this book on Amazon (you may have to click on the preview a few times if they don't initially include page 6): Instant Hyper-V Server Virtualization Starter: Vicente Rodriguez Eguibar: 9781782179979: Amazon.com: Books
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know you say you had it working for a day or two but I'd update the BIOS of the machine to the latest available. On the last desktop machine I had the option to turn on VT-x was there in the BIOS but I couldnt create any guests. I flashed the BIOS and I could create 64 bit guests.

Other than that look through the event logs and keep Googling.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    I know you say you had it working for a day or two but I'd update the BIOS of the machine to the latest available. On the last desktop machine I had the option to turn on VT-x was there in the BIOS but I couldnt create any guests. I flashed the BIOS and I could create 64 bit guests.

Other than that look through the event logs and keep Googling.

using updated bios ...

Did lots of googling .. nothing working ..
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Is this a production environment?
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Is this a production environment?

means ?

I just started for learning server 12 n hyperv ...
    If you could previously create virtual machines and now you can't something has changed. You say you enabled virtualization in the BIOS. Was that before or after you created the first virtual machine? Try restoring BIOS values to default, test Hyper-V. If that doesn't work, enable VT again in the BIOS and test again.

You have to try to be very methodical about your troubleshooting and recreate the exact setup when you had it working and ensure you make only 1 change at a time before testing.

You may also want to consider reformatting the system to ensure a clean base OS configuration since you mentioned this is not a production setup. You may save more time in total by starting fresh.
    Bloogen wrote: »
    If you could previously create virtual machines and now you can't something has changed. You say you enabled virtualization in the BIOS. Was that before or after you created the first virtual machine? Try restoring BIOS values to default, test Hyper-V. If that doesn't work, enable VT again in the BIOS and test again.

You have to try to be very methodical about your troubleshooting and recreate the exact setup when you had it working and ensure you make only 1 change at a time before testing.

You may also want to consider reformatting the system to ensure a clean base OS configuration since you mentioned this is not a production setup. You may save more time in total by starting fresh.

Ok ..

Need to do from starting ... will try ... :D

and thanks for all .. who helped me ...

Luv u alll .. icon_cheers.gif

& Techexams Is the best ... :D
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My point is trying to figure out why the issue is urgent if this is for a lab environment. Word loses all meaning if you abuse it like that.
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    My point is trying to figure out why the issue is urgent if this is for a lab environment. Word loses all meaning if you abuse it like that.

I did fresh installation 3 times ... & 3 times .. same problem .. i need to check whether is it because of any other software .. !! ..

hmm ...

many days .. trying with this ... really fed up .. icon_sad.gif
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Take a look at this KB: A BIOS update may be required for some computers to install the Hyper-V Role and/or start Hyper-V virtual machines

You're most likely running into a BIOS configuration issue here. Run CoreInfo Coreinfo and make sure that it shows everything enabled that should be enabled per the first KB. If you're still having issues post the output of CoreInfo here.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    Well... Taking an old thread.
    The issue solved long before.

Reason was a webcam driver. After I removed the webcam app from startup, It is working perfectly. May be useful for someone.