Options

Readiness

FR29FR29 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took all 3 network exams. I only got like 70% on the ports icon_sad.gif . On the other 2, I got 86% on OSI, and 96% on the exam.
I know I need to review ports, but overall (from those that wrote the exam), am I ready, or should I study a little more?
I've been putting this thing off long enough, it's summer, so it's even harder to stay inside, and study icon_redface.gif
I am using this site, sybex, and beachfront quizzer.
She don't come, and I don't follow.

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    if that was the first time you took the practise tests on this site, or it was the first time in a while, the scores sound pretty good. how have you been doing with other practise exams?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Well, beachfront wants a score of 800 to pass, and I usually score between 820, and 850.
    I know passing on the exam is aronud 680, or so.
    So, I guess I just need a little encouragement.
    Thanx, bellboy. :D
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    we all need encouragement now and again. i have noticed that some practise exams have a higher passing grade than the actual exam, so it's easy to get confused sometimes.

i aimed for 80%+ when i was doing my comptia exams, and raised my expected mark as i got closer to the exam date or felt i was anticipating the questions. for practise exams i used more often, i expected to get 100%.

the way i liked to check my readiness was to read over the comptia objectives to see which ones i felt i knew less than 80%. of course, depending on how confident i felt that day, the objective i last read or if it rained that day, it would change as often as i changed my socks.

be honest with yourself. if you think you are ready, you probably are. if found i got complacent with study when i knew enough to pass.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Thanx, dude! :D