Options

Passed today,..but damn that was a hard test

rocksteady_grocksteady_g Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the Net+ this morning, passed it only a little room to spare. I pretty much have no networking work experience, I only used this site(Thanks!), the Sybex guide by Groth, and random other websites. I found that these were excellent study materials.

The test seemed about a 25% real life scenarios, which proved to be the most difficult part for me. I also recall several questions regarding Appletalk and Security Protocols.

One question:: What's a managed hub? It was a option on a couple of device questions, I was slightly confused never seeing that term in my studying.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats with your pass icon_thumright.gif

A managed hub is a hub that can be configured with a network address (IP address) and can be 'managed' through a telnet session to configure ports (ie. full duplex, half duplex) or also common can be monitored and managed using the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) (the hub is in SNMP context a managed device -> managed hub.)
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!

I found the same thing with scenarios. Probably the difficult part is making sure that you're reading the questions thoroughly enough to understand them. But, it's not supposed to be easy!

Congrats again!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i enjoyed the exam as i had to think. having seen pretty much every question in my a+ operating systems exam in practise tests, i was concerned that it would be the same with network+.

i wasn't preprared for the amount of scenario questions, but i guess i knew my stuff well enough to get my pass.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    i knew my stuff well enough to get my pass.

That's what it's all about. I think we tend to forget that we're to take an exam to prove 'we know our stuff' not to prove that we can pass an exam.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    that's what sets the wannabes apart from the papercerts ;)
    A+ Moderator