VUE keeping our exams legit.

kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
I was talking to the proctor at a VUE testing center this morning and I said something about the needing two forms of identification. She told me that VUE secretly sends people in to test the proctors on whether they check everything or not. She also said when they came she didn't check for two IDs, so I guess they're not really strict on that part.

Speaking of needing two forms of ID, does anyone have any insight as to why this is required. I assume it's so someone else can't take a test for you, but if someone can fake one ID why wouldn't they be able to fake two?

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the main idea behind it is that they require 2 forms of Picture ID with a signature. However, that still doesn't answer your question of the counterfeiter not being able to duplicate the signature as well.

I was scheduled to take 2 exams last Friday. They asked me for ID's both times and the same lady saw them, so I do think they are paranoid about getting in trouble for not asking.
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My main reason for posting this was I thought it was interesting that VUE actually sends people around to the sites.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah it is kind of like the 'secret shopper' things that happen in retail stores. Or sending Alcohol control people that look young into a convenience store to purchase alcohol and make sure the clerk is asking for ID.

It's a good thing IMO.
  • jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    Well then, Vue is 0-3 with me. Each time I've showed them my license and fumbled in my wallet for a 2nd id. Each time the proctor said, "Oh, that's okay, this is good." On top of that I don't think he even really looked at it.

Here's the thing. Anyone can **** at anything. Brain ****, fake id's, etc... In the end, you can only control what you do. I have to look at myself in the mirror every day. I have to tell my daughter that I expect her to be honest and truthful. I have to look inside myself when I worship. In the end, good things happen to good people, and good people don't ****.

(off my soapbox now....)