Options

Question about CUC 8.x

Ok, so I can't find the answer I'm looking for so I think it's not possible but I figure I would ask to get other opinions.

I was wondering if its possible to utilize CUC 8.x as an IP Phone directory. I know it supports a Directory Handler and so I was hoping it may be accessible as a phone directory aswell but I've seen no mention of this.

The problem in my environment is we have both LDAP and non-LDAP users intergrated into our User base and we're using CUCM 8.5. I saw someone mentioning that there is a app on Cisco's SDK site but I don't believe this solution would get past OSI Layer 8.

Is this another feasible solution for my situation or am I out of luck?

Comments

• Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    I didn't think LDAP and non-LDAP end users could coexist on the same system until 9.X? We're on 8.6 and with LDAP sync setup for end users the ability to add manual end users is not there.

I'm not aware of a way to use CUC as the phone directory.
  • Options
    bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Aaron,

What I said may be a little misleading. I'm looking for a solution for a Directory for the IP Phones for both LDAP and Non-LDAP users. You are correct that 8.5 does not support both. However the environment I support has this setup and maintaining a static directory is a nightmare.

This also goes for CUC subscribers, I can import LDAP synched users but have to manually create a user account for non-LDAP users. If this databse could be used for both CUC and IP Phone directory it would consolidate the different databased and servers that need to be updated everytime a Move/Add/Change is performed. In a large enterprise environment this is extremely tedious stuff icon_sad.gif