Scheduled for ICND2

JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
I fell a little behind after getting my ICND1 done back in november, but now that I've set the date in June I can start working again.

My plan of action is to finish Todd Lammle CCNA book first - CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 7th Edition: Todd Lammle: 9780470901076: Amazon.com: Books
Then Finish the ICND2 book by Odom and review using the following two ebooks I just purchased for my tablet

101 Labs for the Cisco CCNA Exam: Paul W Browning, Farai Tafa, Stuart Juggins: 9780955781520: Amazon.com: Books

31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam: A day-by-day review guide for the CCNA 640-802 exam (2nd Edition): Allan Johnson: 9781587131974: Amazon.com: Books

Wish me luck :)
2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.

Comments

• pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck JeanM! Sounds like you have the right materials, and a plan. That is all it takes. Vince Lombardi once said 'practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect'. Keep working at it, get plenty of practice, and it'll pay off. Best of luck to you!
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Date has been set to 6/17, I've made myself the following plan :

Month of April - Started last night, reading the Todd Lammle's CCNA 7th edition book, one chapter a day with labbing on each chapter where labbing is needed. I am doing this because it's been more than a few months since I passed ICND1 and this will be a good refresher for ICND1 stuff and flow into ICND2.

Month of May - Read the Cisco ICND2 book cover to cover to ensure I understand the material well and do more labs.

June - Gives me two weeks to do more labbing and another full review using the 31 days before CCNA book.

I'll keep this thread updated to help me stay on track :)
    Should be done with Sybex 7th edition CCNA book this week, can't wait to start the ICND2 Cisco Press book next week!
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Keep it up, buddy! I'll be sitting for my exam on May 22, with a little luck and a lot of work we'll both be CCNAs by the end of June!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Good Luck to both of you!
    Just keep moving forward.
    Remember, everyday is an opportunity!
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Good luck guys, hope you nail it!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm currently schedule for May 17th but I might be pushing back to the 24th just to be absolutely certain I'm ready...either way, hopefully we'll all have some good news to report!
    Ran a little behind, finished the Sybex book yesterday and started reading ICND2 3rd edition book .

So far one chapter in, and I really like Odom's writing style, I am a sucker for details I guess ? It doesn't put me too sleep like others have stated either...

I now have just over a month to review all the ICND2 objectives before taking the test. Time flys!
    Finished CiscoPress ICND2 book today, all 19 chapters cover to cover. Woohoo.

Now, 2 weeks left before the test. I am thinking I'll go over everything in the 31 days before CCNA and I need some practice with Frame Relay , ACL and NAT labs.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Sounds like a good plan... good luck icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck in your studies, keep us posted on how its going

Carl icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    Reviewed 4 chapters in the 31 days before ccna book last night after work. And watched a couple CBT Nuggets videos.

My plan is to finish this CCNA book by next monday/tuesday at the latest, and hopefully finish watching video training as well.

I got my routers/switches on stand-by as I go through chapters to lab things that I don't feel 100% on.
    Finished 31 days before ccna book today. Will be spending all day tomorrow labbing ospf/eigrp/acl/nat/frame relay, and going over notes/videos. So close!
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    Finished 31 days before ccna book today. Will be spending all day tomorrow labbing ospf/eigrp/acl/nat/frame relay, and going over notes/videos. So close!

@JeanM - Good luck with the ICND2 - that is indeed the unholy quintet! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    Did a major review today, 14 hours of CBT Nuggets reviewed and about 8 pages of my notes. Wish me luck!