Options

Scheduled myself for SANS CISSP bootcamp!

f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
And so it begins!!! I'm going to be taking the CyberCon 2013 CISSP Bootcamp in April from SANS. I've always wanted to take some training from them but haven't had the opportunity till now. I'm as giddy as a school girl I'm so excited. Time to start purchasing a few things as far as study materials go! GAH! I'M SO STOKED!

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great news - I looked it up and saw that Eric Conrad will be the instructor - I suppose you can't get much better than that, unless it was Shon Harris herself! :)
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You won't be disappointed.

I took it with Dr. Cole and it was great. Very long, tons of material but worth every second and penny. Passed the paper-based exam about a month after the course - first attempt.

Enjoy! Wish I was there!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Took the course complete with first edition of Eric's then new book -signed and everything. Great instructor your going to learn to drink from the fire hose.

Oh and please report back the first time Eric mentions the following phrase: "Adult beverages..."

- beads
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've taken some of their lower level courses, would definitely recommend! Enjoy!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm stoked to get going on my CISSP and this will kickstart the entire process. beads, I'll do that :P
  • Options
    Course is on its way and I'm loving it so far. Great way to go over everything to make it sink in a bit more. and as promised... first reference to "adult beverages" was 2nd day at 7:30AM icon_pirat.gif
  • Options
    susenstoobsusenstoob Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the bootcamp a couple of months ago and it was pretty good. However it is fairly fast paced. I recommend reading (at the very least the general concepts) about each domain prior to the bootcamp. This will help the concepts stick.

Oh and don't be afraid to tell any other attendee that his ranting/arguing/absurd questions can wait until after class. Because you WILL have one of those in your class, we always do.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah. Almost cliche' by now but Eric is good at his word (*burp*).

Enjoy!

- beads
  • Options
    I agree susenstoob. I read most of his book before the class and it's really helped keep me on track with the speed of the class. Luckily we actually have a small class so no one who enjoys ranting/arguing ;)