Advice Needed

amcloneamclone Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a friend who wants to enter the IT world. He wants to go the networking route. As far as certifications are concerned, should I advise him to get his A+ first to build a solid foundation or should he just go straight for the Network +? He is thinking that he should skip his A+ cert and start with Network +...

What do you guys think?
Working on CCNP Switch.

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I would first advise him to read about networking and what it really is--until you dig deeper it remains illusory.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Most people start with the A+ and then they move over to the N+.

If he has no IT background whatsoever he should consider knowing the basics with the A+. You need to learn how to walk before you run.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Humbe wrote: »
    Most people start with the A+ and then they move over to the N+.

If he has no IT background whatsoever he should consider knowing the basics with the A+. You need to learn how to walk before you run.

Exactly. If he has no experience the A+ will be suitable. I would say that if he wants to land a better job the combo of A,N+ and CCNA would be pretty decent. Of course the CCNA is more advanced than the others but it is the right way, IMO, if you want to get more interviews.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.