I must take CCNP Switching by this month

sijagosijago Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
My CCNA (CCNP Route) will be expired by end of this month.
So I must take at least CCNP Switching ASAP
I will very appreciate if anyone can give me an advice or explanation about this exam,
How difficult is it, how many lab, which topics are mostly in exam

Thanks,
Si

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you how many labs or which topics, so do not ask.

If your ROUTE exam is expiring then you need to take SWITCH and TSHOOT before that date. Exam passes are only good for three years and are not renewed by taking another exam like a certification is.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The good news is that if you have freshly passed the SWITCH exam then the switching scenarios in TSHOOT should be easy, the bad news is that since its been almost 3 years since you passed ROUTE, you might not be as apt to remember the routing material for TSHOOT...I guess it depends on what you have been doing at work since passing ROUTE.
  • sijagosijago Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So it's mean, I must pass both modules to extended my certification?
    Where I can get this rule?

Thanks a lot to remind me

Si
    According to CCNA Routing and Switching Recertification - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Our CCNA will be re certified (the expiration date will be extended) when we passed 1 of the higher level, ie CCNP Modules
    Please correct me if wrong

Thx
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That is correct, passing will extend your CCNA, but the pass you had on ROUTE will no longer be valid towards the CCNP if it is over three years old.

If I were you I'd just go ahead and take ROUTE again. You already passed it once so taking it again will probably be easier than starting on SWITCH with a short time period to study. Unless you think you can pass both SWITCH and TSHOOT in the next couple weeks.

Exams Introduction - Cisco Systems
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Thanks a lot for your explanation
    It's really help me to take a decision
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dude... I wish you the best since it's hard to pass any Cisco exam and you have only got two weeks to go. You have two exams in a short period so; I know you won't have time to rest but, let us know what happen.
    I decided to take only1 exam on next monday 29/04/2013
    Wish me luck...
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210

If I were you I'd just go ahead and take ROUTE again. You already passed it once so taking it again will probably be easier than starting on SWITCH with a short time period to study

+1 Pretty good advice
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How'd it go?
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sijago wrote: »
    I decided to take only1 exam on next monday 29/04/2013
    Wish me luck...

So, how did it go?
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security