Got my CEH cert and welcome letter today

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Finally came in today.
The only things included were the welcome letter and the printed cert itself.

I passed on April 3rd. So not too bad of a wait.

Comments

• Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

CEH is a nice one to have!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats,

Update your signature.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Finally came in today.
    The only things included were the welcome letter and the printed cert itself.

I passed on April 3rd. So not too bad of a wait.

Congrats! Question for you: Do you think C|EH is a good representation of the offensive side of things, or as an introductory/awareness certification? I'm considering pursuing the certification as a side project to some other things I'm doing, but I hear mixed reviews about the certification and its governing body.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think its definitely an introduction to offensive security. Studying for the exam did not really teach me much, it was the research I did because of it that really taught me a lot. I was a littke interested in security but after studying for this exam... I started really getting into it. So much in fact that I am thinking of starting a business to do penetration testing etc.

So I do think its a good starting point if youre passionate about security. Itll definitely get you going in the right direction. It did for me at least.
  • coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1

I definitely agree with this.
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Congrats! Question for you: Do you think C|EH is a good representation of the offensive side of things, or as an introductory/awareness certification? I'm considering pursuing the certification as a side project to some other things I'm doing, but I hear mixed reviews about the certification and its governing body.

Like others have said, its an introductory offensive security certification. It teaches many concepts and tools used by security professionals to scan for vulnerabilities, penetrate networks and so on. If you are going to pursue a security career you can start with CompTIA Security+, then the new CompTIA CASP certification. Also Ec-Council has a new certification called Certified Secure Computer User C|SCU which is more technical compared to Security+. Good luck!!!
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter