Anyone excited for Battlefield 4?

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
I don't game as much as I used to and my wife actually suggested that I get BF4 for my bday. I didn't bother with BF3, was too busy studying icon_cool.gif. I should be done with CCNP by the time 4 comes out so I might give it a go for a few months, need to take a break from the books anyways. Let's just hope I don't develop an addiction like I did with CS back in the late 90's (the original half-life mod).

Comments

• SaundieSaundie Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having spent over a thousand hours on BF2142, I was really looking forward to BF3, but it turned out to be a massive disappointment. I'm not sure what to think about BF4 - part of me hopes it'll be the FPS that gets me back into gaming, but I don't want to develop an addition to it as you say! When is it due out?
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only battlefield game that I ever owned was Battlefield 1943 on PS3. I had a lot of fun with that game and wanted to try BF3 but never had the chance to. I want to purchase BF4 this year to get away from the Call of Duty series.
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Expect both BF and CoD to battle it out again come November. I still don't know why people continue to **** money into the CoD games. Gamers today (primarily console gamers) have such low standards.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    A new BF already??

I have played most of the series rather extensively with BF3 being the least...it was meh. I didn't have as much fun as BF2 or BC2.

I'll probably buy it anyways icon_rolleyes.gif
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Expect both BF and CoD to battle it out again come November. I still don't know why people continue to **** money into the CoD games. Gamers today (primarily console gamers) have such low standards.
    The thing is CoD has more marketing than BF series. Most people like the fast-action that CoD has to offer but CoD lacks in quality.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm saving my money for the PS4 and pray they have a SOCOM release with that system. I enjoy console games much better than PC games. However I want to geek out on the new obvilion when it's released.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will likely play it sometime after it comes out. I'm hoping the campaign is much better than the last one. As for multiplayer I enjoyed it in Battlefield 3 and I'm expecting a similar experience in that regard. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BF3 was okay for me. I just don't like that premium stuff. Get your hand out my wallet EAicon_lol.gif
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I just bought Dragon Age: Origins a few days ago so I'll probably get this game sometime in 2016 at the rate I'm going.
  • MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    I think I'm at 174 purchased unplayed PC games.. I might have to sit this one out.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ill def pick up BF4 when it comes out. I wonder if itll be on the current xbox, or the one that is going to be announced soon.
    N2IT wrote: »
    I'm saving my money for the PS4 and pray they have a SOCOM release with that system. I enjoy console games much better than PC games. However I want to geek out on the new obvilion when it's released.

Socom 2 was my favorite game to play online on the PS2! I had so much fun playing that game. I haven't played any other Socom game besides that one because of the reviews that I've seen. I would love to experience another Socom game if they are making one for the PS4
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Mutata wrote: »
    I think I'm at 174 purchased unplayed PC games.. I might have to sit this one out.

Those Steam sales are mighty attractive, aren't they icon_wink.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    BF3 was okay for me. I just don't like that premium stuff. Get your hand out my wallet EAicon_lol.gif

So true!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    lsud00d wrote: »
    Those Steam sales are mighty attractive, aren't they icon_wink.gif

It's not too bad if you accept you're spending $300 every summer on Publisher packs
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lsud00d wrote: »
    A new BF already??

I have played most of the series rather extensively with BF3 being the least...it was meh. I didn't have as much fun as BF2 or BC2.

I'll probably buy it anyways icon_rolleyes.gif

Did you ever play the Desert Combat mod for BF2? That was the shizz.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    TCainnn wrote: »
    Socom 2 was my favorite game to play online on the PS2! I had so much fun playing that game. I haven't played any other Socom game besides that one because of the reviews that I've seen. I would love to experience another Socom game if they are making one for the PS4

3 was great with the vehicles and large maps and 4 was a nice follow up. Confrontation for the PS3 was pretty wild which was developed by Slant 6 instead of Zipper. Zipper followed up with a SOCOM 5 that was very different. Had that Battlefield feel and wasn't the same thing. Sony owns the SOCOM series so I think it only makes sense.

Let's hope and I agree SOCOM 2 was AMAZING.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most likely going to give it a miss, too much study that I want to get done.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
    hoktauri wrote: »
    I just bought Dragon Age: Origins a few days ago so I'll probably get this game sometime in 2016 at the rate I'm going.

DAO was one of the last great RPGs. In a time where nobody makes them anymore. (MMOs are NOT rpgs. Not even close.)

Unfortunately the following DA games were total crap. Sucks.
  • TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SteveLord wrote: »

"CoD: Ghosts" is said to be built on a next-gen imaging (of course this still means a 720/PS4 port), so its still not taking advantage of a gaming PC's power, but we're supposed to expect destructible maps as well. I still don't expect the experience to be close to BF3 though.
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • CorrstaCorrsta Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope I get around to it. I'm taking some classes this fall in addition to working full-time, so my ability to play will be very limited. Battlefield 3 and Halo 4 are really the only two online games I play right now, and I'm hoping BF4 manages to feel like an actual sequel since the demo didn't impress me all that much.
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've enjoyed Battlefield 3 when I've been on it, definately better on the PC than on console though. Personally am ooking forward to BF4 as the series has always been better than COD, not so really as fussed on the campaign though as long as the multiplayer is good icon_cheers.gif
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I loved BF2142 but stopped playing due to the amount of bugs in the game (and the related glitching on online server). I still haven't finished the BF3 campaign even .. Just doesn't excite me as much as the previous one.

Like Gears of War or Unreal Tournament 2004 - never got into the sequels ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The campaign was just thrown in there to say they did one and unlocks/achievements were the bait to make you play it. I never completed it either. It's not what BF is about.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Call me crazy but I still enjoy a good story in a single player game and COD4 had a pretty good single player game/story. Black OPS2 story felt like 14 year olds wrote it. BF3 story was a mess and the single player game was just bad, enemy A.I. had built in night vision and aimbot enabled, made playing through the campaign difficult at times. Almost as bad as the "run and gun to a checkpoint asap" of COD.

I enjoy COD multiplayer on Xbox because I can pick it up whenever and play it. The PC gamer crowd makes me want to pull my hair out with the elitists which are just as bad as the morons on the consoles.

BF was even harder to learn multiplayer if you are a novice and want to learn.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I pre-ordered last night. They have new content up, commander mode is back! Damn I can't wait!!!
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    excited more for the ps4 than I am for BF4. However , yes i am excited too for BF4. I am not playing it or buying it until i get my PS4 though.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Most likely going to give it a miss, too much study that I want to get done.

Thankfully I'm still fixed on this... and even more so after the new consoles were announced. Meh.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't wait for Starcraft: Broodwar to come out, man that looks awesome.

but on a more serious note... I loved Bf3, I'm a huge competitive gamer... i've never played through any story on any of the CODs or Bfs. I buy the game and my mouse automatically gravitates to "Multiplayer"....

BF3 was awesome for team play, it was fantastic in that manner, it also had a lot of good strategy in there. I gave up when they started releasing more and more "premium only" crap. I haven't seen BF4 preview yet... but I've heard the destructible terrain is to DIE FOR.

If I can ever stop double-clicking on that DotA2 icon, I might actually play BF4 when it comes out :D