What book for MCDST should i buy?

jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone help me. I want to buy the training kit for 271 and 272, but while searching microsoft`s traininig site i saw 2 different version of its training kit

271 second edition sp2 and 271 (think sp1) , what book should i buy. I got the following information about this.

1) MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System

2)MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System, Second Edition

which one do i buy to study? :s im a little confused!
any help apreciated :)

Comments

• D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    2)MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System, Second Edition icon_wink.gif
  • JoeNvidioJoeNvidio Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hmmm, im lookin on amazon.com and i dont see a second edition for the 70-271. there is just a second edition for the 70-272.

cus im also gonna start studying for this cert, and i just bought:

MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System (Pro - Certification)
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    D-boy wrote:
    2)MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-271): Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System, Second Edition icon_wink.gif
    in your opinion, is M$ press book better than the Sybex book?
    Never used sybex for MCDST... MS Press was good enough for me....
    There is a second edition for both exams.......

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0735622272 70-271 - 2nd Edition

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0735622213 70-272 - 2nd Edition
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    D-boy wrote:
    Never used sybex for MCDST... MS Press was good enough for me....
    any reason for that? Coz some people would prefer Sybex over MS Press.
    I have only ever used MS press for my MS exams, I guess there is no real reason except I have been using the MS press books and they seem to be good enough.......
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Same here, I always use the MS Press books for the Microsoft exams, and Cisco Press for Cisco exams, except for the CCNA exam, Todd Lammle's Sybex CCNA guide is worth getting even if you do buy the Cisco press guide. It's not that I think MS Press is better than Sybex, just got used to it and they haven't let me down yet.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm using both Sybex and M$ press for 218 right now, and while the M$ press seems to cover everything, it is a very dry read. The Sybex is a bit easier to read, but either way, they are both good books and shouldbe able to help you....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Indeed, i just surfed amazon.com and they only have de 272 second edition book. :S weird. But my doubt is , should i buy the first version of 271 and the second edition of 272 to study? or in the other hand.

If i study from both second editions will the contents be the same in the exam :S ? i dont want to spend money buying books lol and dont even have a close answer in the exam :) jejej

10x guys!
    hmmm...yea i bought the first edition of the 70-271 thinking there wasnt a second edition...

will i still get all the information from the first edition?? or am i screwed. icon_sad.gif
    Why not just buy the 2nd edition which is the most update icon_wink.gif

www.bookpool.com has the books cheap... icon_wink.gif
    i already bought the first edition.... icon_sad.gif

will i still be able to pass with the first edition??
  • jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Amazon has the second edition.

While surfing again at amazon, yes they do have the version. :S but is kinda hard to find it.

Type : mcdst 271 second edition, it will show the 272 but under that link it says "show all 3" , click there and Wiiiii there is the second edition of 271 :) i already order it :)

kinda triky :S
  • esiegeesiege Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    does anyone else find it creepy that both books have the exact same number of pages? THEY THINK WE'RE MACHINES!
    do they really?? lol, that is kinda creepy...