Options

Server Load Balancing Reads?

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
My company deals heavily with doing server load balancing across the globe. I feel this is a huge area I need to improve on but the concepts are pretty confusing. My company uses Citrix and F5 load balances quite heavily. Anybody have any recommended reads so I can get a level of understanding that explains implementation or troubleshooting practices.
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bump...

Anything?
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you haven't got a response because the question is very open ended. Load balancing implementations will be very different depending on your infrastructure.

If it's Citrix related, I would start by ensuring your base understanding of the Citrix platform is solid, then load balancing is more of an advanced topic of the infrastructure of the platform. I'm not sure what your working knowledge of Citrix is but you may be working backwards by trying to understand the load balancing aspect of it first.

At a higher level you may be looking into general concepts of load balancing or a specific product use, F5 for example. In that case you might want to start on a vendor website such as this white paper from F5. Load Balancing 101: Nuts and Bolts (pdf).