CCIE 2013 candidates

13»

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Please put me down for CCIE: R&S for August (Written)

Shooting for the Lab probably 12 months after it. All i'm thinking about lately is CCIE.

Bought the "CCIE Lab Success Strategy" - read it cover to cover in about 2 hours. A good read.
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Please put me down for CCIE: R&S for August (Written)

Shooting for the Lab probably 12 months after it. All i'm thinking about lately is CCIE.

Bought the "CCIE Lab Success Strategy" - read it cover to cover in about 2 hours. A good read.

I wish I had that luxury, I got non-stop voice crap @ work, not even Cisco too :p
    anybody got reviews on the various vendor workbooks/labs etc. would appreciate feedback, I'm gonna use INE for sure but want to consider all options
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm very very fortunate in that I work shifts, and generally night shifts are quiet. And any experience I pick up here is pretty relevant for an IE. I've not made too much noise that I am taking it though. I am only 2nd line at the moment, so getting a CCIE will probably mean me moving up in the company or going somewhere else for more coin.

I'm considering stumping up for the 2 year access to INE. Access to everything for the next two years would be a good investment I think. I need to research some more.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If going with INE I'd recommend either A) getting the bootcamp (which comes with AAP for 2/3 years depending on the package), or B) getting the AAP on a month-by-month basis (I believe it's still $99/mo). I had the AAP on a month-by-month and didn't need it very often, but when I did it was pretty helpful.

As far as their workbooks go, they're not bad. I am not a fan of their newer layout (it changed a couple of years ago), but with the exception of that they're good.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Agreed the layout could be a little better but the content is very good. Thankfully the SP track only has one workbook! I'll throw my name back in the hat to pass the CCIE SP written portion before the end of 2013... lab in 2014
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    They have a new format as well which is being used for the CCIE DC workbook. From the quick flick of it I had it looked awesome.
  • sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im dec 16th 2013 @ RTP for R&S.