Passed, my humble opinion.

cybersquidzcybersquidz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored a 654 Network+ today, not great but passing. Only real experience in networking is from building my own small local domain MS network couple months ago. A plug for your site, found it about 18 mos ago when going for my A+. Took an A+ course that came with a MeasureUp subscription, did very well with the course because most of my background and experience is troubleshooting and repairing PC's. For the core hardware exam I basically studied using only the MeasueUp practice tests. When the time came I was stunned how unprepared I felt taking the exam, scored in the high 700's and passed but that was mainly due to experience (not knocking MeasureUp) and I was a little shaky after because I considered hardware to be my stronger subject. Started doing serious internet searches to prepare for core OS and found your site. Thanks to a lot of material and advice found within this web site my core OS score was in the high 800's, a notable improvement.

I read somewhere that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again the same way and expecting a different result. Guess I am crazy. Took a Network+ course, came with MeasureUp practice test software on a CD. Did not learn the first time I guess. I negelcted to research as I had learned before, hence a score that passed but probably more so because of experience I gained the last few months the hard way. MeasureUp tests helped but only directly covered maybe about 10-15 questions.

Sorry for the long winded prelude, to the point. Study, study, study from many different sources and gain any experience you can. Do not rely on one single source to provide a silver bullet that will get through an exam. Great web site! I will never forget again, I plan on spending more time here preparing for future exams.

As far as the Network+ exam, the first 10 or so questions were scenario troubleshooting questions. A few ports were covered, several MAC, UNIX, and Novell questions. Disaster Recovery and RAID, some OSI, a lot of IP/subnetting and command line utilities. My perspective on the test itself, some spelling error's. Some of the questions were phrased in a weird manner and in never seen before terms where I found myself making sure it was more important to decipher the question then figuring out the answer. Not talking about the scenario questions but the ones that appeared to be straight forward questions. Once again sorry for the large post, I am more of a lurker than poster in forums reading an learning from others so when I do post a ton usually comes out.

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    congrats! icon_thumright.gif

i'm not gonna read through that block of text, if you would paragraph it it would be easier on the eyes.
    witty comment
  • cybersquidzcybersquidz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Done, good advice.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

And you are right, CompTIA can use an editor to go over their exams...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Study, study, study from many different sources and gain any experience you can. Do not rely on one single source to provide a silver bullet that will get through an exam. Great web site!
    Congratulations! :D

That's good advice!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • babamalik99babamalik99 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job! Thanks for the review :)

Congrats
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Webmaster wrote:
    And you are right, CompTIA can use an editor to go over their exams...

Totally agreed. I would nominate webmaster but Comptia does not like my opinion on their exams .... lol
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thx for giving back to the community.
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yah, comptia exams tend to be pretty vaguely worded.

I was REALLY ready for my network+ test, and passing in the 80-95% marks for everything. I ended up with a 760 on the exam.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats.......