The how you know you are ready to take the test thread

movingzachbmovingzachb Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am starting a thread here that I hope anyone who can will pitch in on. (The people who have passed Sec+) and I know there are many because every day I visit the Security+ forum section and I see Pass, Passed etc.

The most important that I see posted most of the time is (in relation to DG's book).

1. Know what the answer IS and why the other answers aren't
2. Read all the 'remember this' sections
3. know the acronyms

Also any other study suggestions or materials could be suggested here.

So if everyone can go ahead and do that from now on that would be greeaat!
Security+

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dont forget to view professormesser.com videos!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Read up on the performance based questions. These are surprising many people but there are a lot of resources available to help people prepare for them.
  • movingzachbmovingzachb Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read another thread that indicated some information about router configs as one of the performance based questions. Where can you read up on these? I assume they are not in the book?

-- Ahh I just found this:

Someone that passed today.

'To help with the simulations know your protocols and ports, how to configure a WAP and general knowledge of ACL's will help with the firewall configs.'

I am on video 109 on Professor Messor's vids.
    Security+
  • rscrtrscrt Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say it is important to stay calm and do not panic if you encounter a performance based question on the test that you do not feel confident about. Try do your best, move on and do not freak out :)
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    dont forget to view professormesser.com videos!

I didn't use professor messer videos. Hm.

I say you are ready when you say you are ready. Half the battle is being mentally prepared to TAKE the exam. At the risk of sounding cheesy, you have to have your game face on.
  • ChantelChantel Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read another thread that indicated some information about router configs as one of the performance based questions. Where can you read up on these? I assume they are not in the book?

-- Ahh I just found this:

Someone that passed today.

'To help with the simulations know your protocols and ports, how to configure a WAP and general knowledge of ACL's will help with the firewall configs.'

I am on video 109 on Professor Messor's vids.

I am new here (been getting advice form here for about a month though). I would like to know this too.