Secure - passed

cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally buckled down and passed this exam. Next up is VPN for the third leg. Saving IPS for last for an easy win.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the pass. I am starting the CCNP with the Firewall exam, any tips :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    IPS is an 'easier' exam but unless you're really lucky with GNS3 its impossible to lab unless you have 1k+ to drop on a used IPS.
    I found VPN an extremely fiddly exam with classic cisco entrapment style nit-picky questions, but conversely its easy to lab, all you need is a 5505 and preferably a secure ACS (vmware, trial license is free) to sim AAA.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats man! Good luck on VPN!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodjob!!! Grats!!
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicely done. I'm trying to knock out Secure right now, but finding the official guide a chore. What materials did you use, if I may ask?
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63