Project+ study and practice materials recommendation

a80lia80li Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I want your recommendation for study and practice materials for Comptia Project+

Thanks in advance!

Ali

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The BOOK HERE was effective but incredibly boring. I've heard good things about u-certify practice tests but didn't use it personally.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ^^ Yup. I actually found their writing style to be somewhat engaging. The practice tests that come with the good are great preparation.
  • ToomsTooms Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    The BOOK HERE was effective but incredibly boring. I've heard good things about u-certify practice tests but didn't use it personally.

^^ Everything you need is in that book..

I would probably just recommend finding some Youtube that describes EVM a little better.
  • BackToSchoolBackToSchool Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've started reading this book and agree it's quite boring, but does seem to cover the necessary areas. I'm hoping to liven it up with creating a pseudo project using MS Project.
  • dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tooms wrote: »
    ^^ Everything you need is in that book..

I would probably just recommend finding some Youtube that describes EVM a little better.

Any youtube links you care to share? Perhaps the ones you used? Thanks.
  • hoelscherahoelschera Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How relevant is the P+ compared to the PMP?
  • pusherpusher Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you pass with reading and preparing with just ONE book? The one below? From my research, this one is more interesting than the comptia book.

"IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, Third Edition"
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You could probably make it with that book. The sybex book is around 300 pages, while the Philips book is over 500, I think. Philips book has a nice appendix with formulas, that I would highly recommend memorizing.
  • pusherpusher Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I will tough it out and deal with the sybex book and use the other as you have suggested.
  • thaladorthalador Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have started my P+ and am reading, or trying to read, the Sybex book. This is soooo dry. I am having a hard time reading it. Is the on track book any better?