Options

What's your broadband speed?

Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
I just got my shiny new ISP and I'm looking for a comparison with everybody else's broadband speed... I could have bumped up to 150Mb package but I don't think it's worth it for my usage. So what's your speed?

1. Go to SpeedTest.net
2. Choose a server close to you or with a good bandwidth.
3. When the test is finished press the "Share this result" button then the "Copy" button.
4. Paste the link in to your post using the insert image button & "from a URL".
5. And your done!

2691759434.png

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    I'm looking for a comparison with everybody else's broadband speed...
    Ok, you win, let's close this thread icon_razz.gif

:)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I don't want to play anymore icon_rolleyes.gif
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'll be lucky if I can get even a hundredth of that at home (crappy wireless broadband only where I live).
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    Ok, you win, let's close this thread icon_razz.gif
    I thought we might get faster listed to be honest, although slower ones are welcome too! The 100Mb package that I'm on has been around for a while and I heard that there might be another upgrade on their network fairly soon (I heard 500Mb, don't know if that's close to the mark or not). Virgin Media in the UK did a 1.5 Gb trial in London 2 years ago and they are talking of 10Gb now too...
  • Options
    deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    There you go:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2692546986.png

wget'ing Ubuntu from official servers at: 61.7MB/s
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know I come a distant last but here goes:

2692751541.png
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just wait for someone on google fiber to post...
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    2692854978.png

Love my fiber connection! Way better than the 1.5Mb/s DSL I had. Supposedly the local phone company is getting crunched by Metronet because they simply offer more service for less money.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Come on some one run it on a 10 gig service :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    2294871475.png

One I ran when I first moved here. A damn sight better than the 3 Mbps DSL I had in Memphis.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2693056821.png

80884806.png

It serves it's purpose.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    How do you like them apples, Oh errrr. TBH it varies a bit and I live out in the sticks sometimes I can get up to 8 depending on which way the wind is blowing the string on the telegraph poles but I'm just lucky to get "broadband" at all.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    :D my internet speed is not too bad compared to others
    8 Mb WiMax link
    2693225599.png

100 Mb fiber was introduced in the country last month at a cost of 350 US$ per month and a stupid threshold of 100 GB.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    If I still had access to a server I used to manage at a POP I would blow all of you out of the water. Alas, I have 40 down and 5 up. It is fast enough, but I always want faster.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have the cheapest one the local Cox offers.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not at home right now, but my speedtest results for my Comcast cable are generally 95-110 down and 18-21 up.

I previous had the Comcast 50/10 package (which was about 60/11 in practice), but Comcast up and gave everyone in MN an upgrade very recently (likely to reduce any chance of Google or Verizon getting past state and county governments). I'd still love to have it even faster, but it's fast enough at this point that there's very little I do to justify paying for anything faster. As it stands, the wireless N and G in most of my devices only get between 25 and 70 mbps sustained in practice, with my laptop sadly being on the low end of that spectrum.

My parents in rural Missouri have satelite and generally get less than 5 down, less than 1 up. It is painful, to say the least.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    Satellite internet is the worst. Wild Blue and HughesNet just upped their speeds recently but the latency is still horrible.
  • Options
    Agreed. No matter what they get bandwidth up to, latency makes it pretty worthless even for casual users.

Using remote screen-sharing programs to help people on HughesNet is probably the worst Internet experience I've had since playing Starcraft on 28k dial-up. No, in fact, it has to be the worst ever, period, because I remember enjoying Starcraft on dial-up.
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
  • Options
    <-- this guy did 1st line support for Wild Blue for about 3 months.
  • Options
    They should at least give you a t-shirt or something, if not a medal.
  • Options
    It was easy, one of three things happened:

1. TRIA needs to be replaced (the day after the warranty expires)
    2. Point the stupid dish at the satellite
    3. If there is a tree in the way, it isn't going to work
    4. If DSL is offered in your area, buy that instead
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Come on some one run it on a 10 gig service :)
    It will be by someone within 30 meters of a datacenter!! haha

I ran one from an Amazon Web Services EC2 Server 2012 instance based in Oregon!! not bad throughput for free I have to say...

2693567174.png
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm only on a 50mb line but 250mb is going for $115/mth in pretty much every neighbourhood up here. Capped at 1TB which is why I don't bother.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I come from the future! When I play mmos I don't lag, everybody else experiences the slowing of time itself.

2695445814.png
  • Options
    Screener27Screener27 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    It will be by someone within 30 meters of a datacenter!! haha

why next to a datacenter? In the academic world you see 10gig connections running in to cupboard with a couple of servers stacked togather. Hardly datacenter standards.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I come from the future! When I play mmos I don't lag, everybody else experiences the slowing of time itself.

2695445814.png

Thats disgusting.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2695855435.png
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]