Options

Network Support OR Network Implementation Engineer

aashanaashan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am currently preparing for my CCNA exam and will be sitting the exam next month.

The advise I wanted from the seniors was that which role will be more beneficial/best option to go for a person starting out in the networking field. whether to work in network support or as an implementation engineer??

Thanks

Aashan

Comments

• Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Titles mean little. The duties and responsibilities of both roles would mean more to us. If I were to say based off of your post alone, I would have to say Implementation Engineer. Given the title, it seems you would be dealing with the network in a more structured level, from it's design to an operable state, which I think would provide valuable experience.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends really, but when I hear implementation that usually means filling in templates to turn things up. Support would be more on the troubleshooting side. Either would be a good start if you can find a position.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    aashanaashan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well your assumptions are correct. The implementation role is more to setup new/upgraded networks. I was offered the this role and have taken it up precisely for the reasons MSP-IT said. more structured way of starting out in the technology before maybe taking up more demanding/troubleshooting tasks.

Thanks for the advice guys.