MCSA troubles.

l33tgamal33tgama Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
well im seriously confused icon_confused.gif after researching and thinking about it i have decided to go with going for the MCSA 2003, as 2 of these exams the 70-290,70-291 count as two of the exams towards the MCSE 2003 career track. i was going to do the MCSA 2000 then upgrade but i decided not to go on that path as its an older certificate.when i get a job i will consider taking the 2000 certs but from what i have reasearched and read that most employers prefer candigates to have the MSCA 2003/MCSE 2003 than the MCSA 2000,MCSE 2000 certs but from what i gather it varies from company to company. i.e some companys want people with dual certs. etc but i need your help i have been cond into handing over 3k+ to a company called "UKIT" for my MCSA but its only MCSA 2000!. They are a load of rubbish they just give you a book and the training is terrible. they say everything is included in one price and then when u go to book an exam u have to pay anyone thinking about going or joining this company based in the uk. i suggest you avoid them like the plauge because of "UKIT" i have paid all that money for a certificate that i could of got for less than 1k pounds for.

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    would that be UK IT Training? at tolworth tower?
    witty comment
  • l33tgamal33tgama Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    oh yes i take it u heard of them then icon_mad.gif
    heh yeah i went there for an "interview". i had actually thought about going with them but then i read some bad stuff about them on the net and so was spared.
    and then later on i was glad i hadn't gone with them because of their course structure and timing, i really didn't like it. not to mention the fact that the 2k is kinda old.
    oh and one thing that really turned me off was their website - which they have now changed - but it used to have pics of ppl golfing and skiing and whatnot, to imply that if you enter IT (with them) you will be successful and make tons of money and be on vacation 24/7. so that totally turned me off, i wanted a serious training provider, not someone that tried to bait you with BS.

however i see you went for the mcsa level only (the mcse/sec+ was closer to 6000 pounds if i remember well). do you have to pay for your own exams?
    witty comment
    yeah you have to pay for the exams seperately although they say in the intrerview that everything is included the price. they dont care about people that want to get into the it industry they just care about getting you to sign the contract and taking your money. did you happen to see the secertary when you went there, well they are all women and they have there **** on display the only reason they do that is so it persuades people to sign the contract and they promise so much but they dont delivever what ever they say that they will. icon_mad.gif and to top it all off they say u can complete the carrer track withing 12-24 weeks on there website thats complete and utter bs they make people wait until they have enough demand i.e you end up waiting 2-6 weeks waiting for a course. so if someone could direct me or help me suing this company i will be very greatful as im only 17 and they robbed me of 3k+ icon_mad.gif
    nah i don't remember the secretary.
    but you know about their "job guarantee", right? and unless things have changed, you do know that it doesn't apply to you?

anyway i found that i can learn by myself at home with a lab and books, i don't need any training provider (even though i have one). in fact i never go there. but i guess these experiences make one wiser. icon_sad.gif
    witty comment
    yep i know i wont get the "guarnteed job" its all a con i am never in my entire life going to go with a training provider ever when i can just learn the marterial at home and then take the exam's and get certified at a 3/4 of the cost it would to do getting someone to train you to. the best training material i would recommend to people that want to get certified at home is CBT nuggets. they are brillant they explain concepts and subjects in a really easy to understand manner. and i would also recommend the press kits you can get from microsoft they are a life saver and then when u think you are ready to take an exam just test yourself with transceder then take the exam do that method and ur guranteed to pass. icon_wink.gif:D
    l33tgama wrote:
    and to top it all off they say u can complete the carrer track withing 12-24 weeks on there website thats complete and utter bs they make people wait until they have enough demand i.e you end up waiting 2-6 weeks waiting for a course. so if someone could direct me or help me suing this company i will be very greatful as im only 17 and they robbed me of 3k+ icon_mad.gif
    oh yeah i remember that! that was one of the bad things about them that i had read on the net, about having to wait for a course.
    and of course the companies say "mcse in so many weeks of training" but then they don't tell you that you will have to supplement it with major self study because you cannot learn what you need for the exam in only a week.
    witty comment
    _omni_ Wrote
    oh yeah i remember that! that was one of the bad things about them that i had read on the net, about having to wait for a course.
    and of course the companies say "mcse in so many weeks of training" but then they don't tell you that you will have to supplement it with major self study because you cannot learn what you need for the exam in only a week.

you got it in one bro my advice to anyone thinking or looking for a company that trains you do ur reasearch about the company i was unlucky as when i went and signed up the company had only just started recruiting people. so there was no one to find out information about the company and what they did or did not provide. icon_sad.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Funniest part about what you are talking about is, that in Canada we have a plcae called CDI college... EXACTLY the same BS that you guys are talking about...

Expensive course, Win 2k, guarantee you a job... but best part of all is they make you take a 2 month work practicum before you graduate. (Without taking 1 exam from Cisco or MS)

Their 'recruiters' called me for a year after my inquiry. They give nothing out on their site. You have to call in and someone will return your call.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep, I have heard horror stories about New Horizons here in the States. I guess it depends where you go and what type of training you get.
    l33tgama wrote:
    did you happen to see the secertary when you went there, well they are all women and they have there **** on display the only reason they do that is so it persuades people to sign the contract and they promise so much but they dont delivever what ever they say that they will.

Well at least the visit wasn't a complete waste of time icon_wink.gif
    haha yeh i suppose lol icon_lol.gif at least i got a good view when i come into college in the morning lol :P
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    The same is true about JFC Training in the states here in Pennsylvavnia. This is a horrible place to get your training. They make you wait until they have a certain number to start the class. They say you can get MCSE Certified in 7-9 months with only going to class 3 hours a night two nights a week. They tell you everything is included. Then when you get to class they tell you that you "SHOULD" have all of this expensive software, a new computer and a server to set up your own home lab.

RIP OFF
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
    yeh surely there should be an organisation that is dedicated to stopping these bum badits, i.e if a certain amount of people write to them then they can take the necessary actions and prevent/stop them from conning more people.im fed up of scams/cons enough is enough i think there should be a thing called a black list that the public should have access to, then these companys wouldn't get customers as word travels around fast. icon_wink.gif sadly i think the realiity is that this will never happen, expecially in the !"£!£$ uk as are laws are so messed up for example if a burgular comes on ur property threatens you etc, you can't do nothing if you do something to prevent them the burgular/person from hurting i.e u touch the burguar/person they can sue u for what ever u do to them. i mean WTF is up with that icon_mad.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    good news! i can get all the money i paid for the course back YES YES YES YES YES YES! icon_wink.gif:D thank you for the http://www.iitt.org.uk/ luckly my company are a member of the iitt and i have filled a complaint along with my freind and im going to get my money back YES! result :) haha i sent them a complaint about UKIT saying that i paid 2950 for MCSA 2000 when its not even the latest certificate and training is rubbish and they they said everything was included in one price. when it wasn't haha icon_exclaim.gificon_idea.gif
    how do you know you will get it all back? did UKIT tell you so?
    witty comment
    no my freind's signed up at the same time as me and they have got there money back. and they are in the same position i am in so we all contacted http://www.iitt.org.uk/ and they said that we all had a strong case and that we should win so :P hopefully all goes well :D most of my freinds have got there money back so hopefully i will as well icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    alright that's great! but i wouldn't get my hopes too high until you've actually got the money back, because it's unlikely they will just roll over and hand you the money.
    witty comment
    _omni_ wrote
    alright that's great! but i wouldn't get my hopes too high until you've actually got the money back, because it's unlikely they will just roll over and hand you the money.

yeh im optimistic lol, i will let you guys know what happends :)