Headed to the testing center to take TVOICE

aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
Wish me luck!

I used Quick Reference Guide, 1ExamAMonth videos, and INE videos to prepare. I also pulled various SDI trades from a few production environments using test phones to look over.

CCD/SAF troubleshooting is probably my weakest spot, just as configuring was on CIPT2. I feel good about the commonly used gateway debugs but don't have much real world experience using those.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Goood Luck. If you passed CIPT2 You shouldn't have any problem with TVOICE.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    TVOICE. Done. icon_cheers.gif

Tough exam. I took almost the full allocated time to finish. My lowest score yet (805/1000) but I'll take the pass.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @aaron0011 - congratulations - good luck on the next exam! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Was my lowest score too. Its up there with CVOICE for toughness. Only one more to go.
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    Was it labs or scenarios analysing logs/outputs?
    Was it labs or scenarios analysing logs/outputs?

Not sure how much I can say due to the NDA. It's not exactly like TSHOOT if that helps.

Exam Profile: Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications v8.0/TVOICE v8.0 (642-427) | Exam Details | Pearson IT Certification
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • sattarsattar Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz aaron, CAPPS is waiting for you! icon_wink.gif
    sattar wrote: »
    Congratz aaron, CAPPS is waiting for you! icon_wink.gif

Yes, it is. I'm really anxious to take it. I feel like I know most of the material already as I've worked with Unity Connection and Presence for a number of years. I'm going to read the Quick Reference, Watch the INE videos, and try to find what I can on UC Express on Cisco.com since I have no experience with that particular product. Not going to lab for this one and might take the test before the end of the month. Depends how much study time I can get at work over the next few weeks.

I started studying for the Voice track back in December so to complete CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice in six months is a pretty good accomplishment. No way I could have gotten to this point in that amount of time without the work experience though.
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    Awesome, congrats man!!

TVOICE was my longest test aswell, I think i had then 3 minutes remaining and I was praying my last 1-2 questions didn't contain any debug/traces to review lol.

Glad you passed!! CAPPS isn't difficult at all but nearly everything you just learned won't apply to the exam so it definitely does have its quirks!
  • wintermute000wintermute000 Banned Posts: 172
    good stuff thanks for feedback. I have CAPPs and TVOICE left to do as well. See you on the other side!
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog