Options

Passed Friday

kypumperkypumper Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
got an 828. I think overall this test just hit basic stuff I don't consider my self a security expert now, but I am aware of more security subjects.

Good to have a Security Cert I suppose.
I love the Search Function!

Comments

• Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats......
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

Please share a bit about how you prepared for your exam so others can learn from it and this post.
  • Options
    pmekapmeka Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Awesome job. And I like your thinking too.
  • Options
    kypumperkypumper Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The material I used for the book was the Secuity + All in one book, I have a safari books online account that allowed me to access a book Security + Exam Cram. I also found the test questions on this site very helpful.

I beleive the CCNA helped alot so the networking portion was easy to me.

Things I learned during my study was finally what all these encryption acronyms meant like AES, DES the difference between Asymetric, and Sysmetric encryption and hashing algorithms.

I also learned about Disaster Recovery plans, and Business continuity plans, which the test focused on.

I feel like I have a general knowledge about Secuirity topics which I guess is the goal of the test, but I don't feel like I can really perform the forensics part they briefly described things as doing CRC checks to verify drives integrity after an attack.

I know I will be looking for a book on that stuff, and continue studying secuirity topics.
    I love the Search Function!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff kypumper icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007