What's the best video training for CISSP?

ajohnajohn Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm considering buying a video training for CISSP. Which one helps best in preparing for the CISSP exam? Shon Harris seems the most famous. After that Clement Dupuis seems to be a recognized expert. CBT nuggets is a cheaper option, but I don't know if it's any good.

Who has used one and can recommend it? Please let me hear your experience. Or should I just go for the official ISC2 CBK and Eric Conrad books and forget about the whole video training?

Comments

• the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Don't know about video training. I had the Shon Harris audio lectures, and found them pretty helpful...if you can tolerate her poor attempts at light humor.
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ajohn, I will recommend the skillsoft CBT, it is quite good. Not sure if they sell courses to individuals but if you are part of an organization who has purchased the product, you may check with your company and see if they have it. Quite a number of IT companies are buying and providing free trainings purchased from skillsoft to their staff these days Or you could check at the web site to see if individuals can make a purchase. All the best.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    I personally liked the Shon Harris videos. They were very straight forward, no shortcuts or distractions. It's like sitting through military training.
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Shon Harris and also CCCURE.org.

Both are good. Combined with book. Should be good enough.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took SANS MGMT 414 online class and it gives you access to the recording afterwards. You might look into that or I believe they also have "on-demand" videos too.
  • ssehgssehg Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Shon Harris and CBT nuggets are good.
  • ajohnajohn Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My company doesn't have skillsoft, but they may pay for a temporary CBTnuggets subscription. I'll look for an affordable Shon Harris DVD set in the meantime. I like to be able to study offline.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • sweetsaintsweetsaint Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you can find the bootcamp of Clement , i think its to the point and very good.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Humbe wrote: »
    I personally liked the Shon Harris videos. They were very straight forward, no shortcuts or distractions. It's like sitting through military training.
    is the old shon harris from 2007 still relevant for the exam?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    All of the information in old CISSP videos is still relevant to the exam and to your understanding of Information Security, but those videos will obviously not contain topics added to the exam since those videos were released.