CCIE Collaboration Starts Nov 2013. Voice Folks you've got 6 Months!

skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
We all knew the change was coming soon, so no big surprise

CCIE Voice Renamed CCIE Collaboration Available Nov 2013

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I just saw this. No way I can make it that fast. I'll prob study a few thing that I know are going to continue like SIP, and dial plans. However I suspect a lot of changes. Its based on CUCM9 and its suppose to have a lot of services.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yea I imagine a lot more SIP in this one. What worries me the most will be the cost of new equipment. Those 2900 series are not cheap at all
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Think there will be a day where the only way anyone can afford taking a CCIE cert is if they're working for a Cisco Partner that can provide the lab hardware needed?
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    CCIE Data Center has clearly shown that to be the case. Unless you rack rent.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    FFS, Cisco is stupid when it comes to naming certifications.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    FFS, Cisco is stupid when it comes to naming certifications.
    This particular one sounds silly. I wouldn't say they are stupid in general with names.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    WTH? What I'm I going to do now. I have (3) 3560Gs and (3) 2600XM routers and several IP phones. There's no way I'll be ready before November... I've heard over and over that the CCIE-V is a pain. The few ppl I know that passed took at least 3 attempts.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    This particular one sounds silly. I wouldn't say they are stupid in general with names.

I find the constant renaming and lack of consistency stupid. CCVP, now CCNP Voice, CCIE Collaboration. How about CCIE Unified Communications.
  • rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    With 4x 2821s, 7x Cisco IP phones, 1x 3750 switch, 1x 2509 term server, HWIC-4ESW module, CUE module, all the t1s, e1s, dsps, and other cards, VMware ESXi 5 server, plus about $2k worth of INE, IPexpert, and other training materials, I'm thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours invested in this lab exam blueprint. I will pass it before November. Its pretty much the whole focus of my life right now. Studying for hours 7 days a week
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LMAO@aaron0011 icon_thumright.gif
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    How about CCIE Unified Communications.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
    Well the marketing change was from AVVID, to UC and then to Collaboration which was brought about with the Tandberg/TelePresence conferencing solutions... So all the marketing now is leaning towards Collaboration. I even see Collaboration Engineer in job titles now.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    I am a Collaboration Engineer lol BEFORE Cisco made it cool!

GREAT NEWS for us CCIE Voice wannabes today,

Last day to pass current CCIE Voice lab exam is feb 13 2014 - not November as expected. The extra couple months could make the difference for someone. I still hope to pass by november

CCIE Voice to become CCIE **redacted** in November 2013!
    @rchase you're heavy in the game right now. for someone like me i'll have to prepare for the CCIE-Collab written exam and then the lab top of next year... looks like i'll resume with reading and saving for the new gear.
  • klampkinklampkin Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Echoing rchase, some people have already invested lots of $$$ on labs setup, INE subscription, hours of studying, etc.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to try to hurry and take the CCIE Voice by the end of this year.

If anyone has intentions of passing the the CCIE Lab by Feb. 14, 2014, they better pass the CCIE written by Sep./Oct. 2013, in order to get a
    chance to take the Lab, because I'm sure IE Voice Lab schedule availability is going to be really crazy in the next couple of months!

According to Cisco:

CCIE Voice

The last day to take the CCIE Voice Written exam is November 20, 2013.
    The last day to take the CCIE Voice Lab exam is February 13, 2014.

CCIE Collaboration
    The CCIE Collaboration Written exam availability begins November 21, 2013.
    The CCIE Collaboration Lab exam availability begins February 14, 2014.

[TH]Written Exam[/TH]
    [TH]Lab Exam[/TH]
    [TH]Certification Granted[/TH]

CCIE Voice
    CCIE Voice
    CCIE Voice

CCIE Voice
    CCIE Collaboration
    CCIE Collaboration

CCIE Collaboration
    CCIE Collaboration
    CCIE Collaboration

CCIE Collaboration
    CCIE Voice
    CCIE Voice

CCIE Voice Evolves - Cisco Systems
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyelampkin (Please connect :D)
    [h=3]CCIE Collaboration Lab Equipment and Software List[/h]Passing the lab exam requires a depth of understanding difficult to obtain without hands-on experience. Early in your preparation you should arrange access to equipment similar to that used on the exam, and listed below:

Lab Equipment:
    • Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) C460 Rack Server
    • Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2)
    • Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2)
    • ISR G2 Modules and Interface Cards
      • - 1-Port 3rd Gen Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Int. Cards - T1/E1
      • - Cisco High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Modules (PVDM3)
      • - Cisco Service Ready Module 710 Service Module with Cisco Unity Express
      • - 4-port Cisco Gigabit EtherSwitch 10/100/1000BASE-TX autosensing EHWIC with POE
    • Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series Switch
    • Cisco Unified IP Phones 7965 and 9971
    • Cisco Jabber for Windows
    • Cisco Jabber Video for Cisco Telepresence*
    *In backbone, no candidate configuration required

Software Versions
    Any major software release which has been generally available for six months is eligible for testing in the CCIE Voice Lab Exam.
    • Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1
    • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 9.1
    • Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 9.0
    • Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence 9.1
    • Cisco Unity Connection 9.1
    • Cisco Unity Express 8.6
    • All routers use IOS version 15.2(4) M Train
    • Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches uses 15.0(2) Main Train

Network Interfaces
    • Fast Ethernet
    • Frame Relay

Telephony Interfaces
    • T1/E1
    shodown wrote: »
    I just saw this. No way I can make it that fast. I'll prob study a few thing that I know are going to continue like SIP, and dial plans. However I suspect a lot of changes. Its based on CUCM9 and its suppose to have a lot of services.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/shared/docs/ccieVC_examUpdates.pdf
  • YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I`m sure using G1 ISRs (28xx) will do for the CCIE Lab setup still, the IOS is there some minor features might not work..... Over all I think router investment in Gen 1s will be ok... What I`m more worried in the new licencing model for the 9.1 which requires 60 days use then a licence or you cant add anymore devices, what is going to be a way around that ? Backup/restore ?

Thoughts ?
    LIfe is hard, thats all I have to say.
    you'd have to get a license i suppose. every time i've worked on a G2 the license was already loaded as ordered. i'm looking to sell my existing 2600s, 3560s, etc... and replace everything with the gear listed for the exam. i think by now till december i should be able to purchase everything. the only workaround i'll make is for the UCS C-Series. thats going to be pricey.
    Yozh wrote: »
    I`m sure using G1 ISRs (28xx) will do for the CCIE Lab setup still, the IOS is there some minor features might not work..... Over all I think router investment in Gen 1s will be ok... What I`m more worried in the new licencing model for the 9.1 which requires 60 days use then a licence or you cant add anymore devices, what is going to be a way around that ? Backup/restore ?

Thoughts ?
    Not necessarily. CME 9.0 is not supported on the 28XX routers. PVDM3s also not supported on 28XX will definitely be needed for the video conferencing/transcoding
    You can get by with using the 28xx for a lot of it, and do the 15.2 PVDM 3 features on a rack rental. The majority of the IOS changes I think won't be warranted enough to purchase routers for most people. As a consultant I was going to have to buy 29xx anyway, but I feel it doesn't' make since for most people who already have a investment to buy new gear as the 29xx routers are pretty expensive anyway.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I knew this was coming…minus the puzzling name choice of course! And to be honest, I’m actually OK with the changes. Looks like I’ll be in pretty good shape with my lab as I’ve purchased a bunch of newer gear over the last year and a half – UCS servers, a couple 2911s, SRE, and some PVDM3s. Just need to snag a few 9971s, redo my servers, and figure out the best way to do serial connectivity on the 2900s (the WIC-1T and 2Ts don’t work). I may have to pickup a few more MFTs. The 3750X is out of the question but I do have access to a stack of 'em.

*EDIT - looks like the VWIC2-2MFTs have come down a bunch in $$ - I'll have to snag a few more.

I wonder how much of the video stuff can be tested with the Jabber client?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    I think Movi will be in the cloud, so you'd need the PVDM3 for video as well as QoS on the 3750. Likely video call, CAC between 9971s and Jabber. No talk about TMS or MCU, so no conferencing.
    CCIE Voice community has been very vocal past few weeks. Looks like v3 may still be a (much cheaper) option for 8 months at least
    To all of our CCIE Voice professionals. Here is a statement from Fred Weiller, Director of Marketing at Learning@Cisco:

"We are listening to the feedback from our valued CCIE community, and will be adjusting the CCIE Collaboration requirements. As a quick preview of the evolution of the CCIE Collaboration certification, a current holder of the CCIE Voice designation will now be able to migrate to a CCIE Collaboration credential by taking the CCIE Collaboration written exam only. We appreciate all of the great feedback and patience of the community while we update our webpages to reflect this change. We will be communicating further details about this modification as soon as possible."

Thanks,
    Julia at Cisco
    This is great news. Cisco backed off. I honestly think they were testing the waters. Glad everyone stood up and let there voice be heard.
    Currently Reading