prometric and vue question

namanama Member Posts: 187
my A+ exam was registered with prometric. But I wish to take my network+ exam with vue in near future. Is it possible or do I have to stick with prometric? icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's not a problem. I heard it can be a problem with MS tests sometimes if you don't use the same company.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    kevozz wrote:
    It's not a problem. I heard it can be a problem with MS tests sometimes if you don't use the same company.
    what can be the problem? Perhaps you can quote some cases or examples. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    It all boils down to the exam report that the testing center prints and hands you at the conclusion of your exam. Nothing else matters. That exam report (with the official embossed seal) is the official document that says you passed (or failed).

fyi: I always print copies of exam schedules w/ confirmation numbers, receipts for exam fees, etc. You should have all your ducks in a row, just in case. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The problem that can occur with MS exams is that you can end up with two seperate profiles at MS. When you sign up for an exam with the other test provider, make sure they know that you have already taken some MS exams and they get all the information they need.

I avoided the issue, but I have seen others post that it can be a pain to get resolved.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    ajs1976 wrote:
    The problem that can occur with MS exams is that you can end up with two seperate profiles at MS. When you sign up for an exam with the other test provider, make sure they know that you have already taken some MS exams and they get all the information they need.

I avoided the issue, but I have seen others post that it can be a pain to get resolved.
    will such issues happen to comptia?
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No. A+ and Net+ are mutually exclusive of each other. Unlike MS exams which you need 4 exams for an MCSA or 7 exams for MCSE.
    kevozz wrote:
    No. A+ and Net+ are mutually exclusive of each other. Unlike MS exams which you need 4 exams for an MCSA or 7 exams for MCSE.
    but my initial record with prometric was A+, if I register with vue for Net+ and pass the exam, both of the companies will be having my profiles individually.
  • MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the lads are saying that yes it will be a pain for you if you use 2 dif companies for MS exams, but it won't matter if you use 2 companies for the A+ and Network+ exams.

I am actually about to book my first MS exam. Is there any difference between Vue and Prometric?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    There is no difference between the two. Any issues that may arise after an M$ screw-up with multiple profiles can be solved with a phone call or two. Comptia couldn't care if you do A+ with one and Net+ with the other.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    Metaldave wrote:
    I think the lads are saying that yes it will be a pain for you if you use 2 dif companies for MS exams, but it won't matter if you use 2 companies for the A+ and Network+ exams.

I am actually about to book my first MS exam. Is there any difference between Vue and Prometric?
    the exams locations should be different. Other than that, I don't see any dissimilarity.
  • MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank fella's. icon_wink.gif