Microsoft Welcome Packs

KiwiBJKiwiBJ Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft ???

I passed my MCSA 2003 September 29th last year and requested the Welcome
pack on the 30th, according to MS they have sent me 3 packs since then, none
of which have arrived, it feels like I have emailed & spoken to everyone
expect Bill and still no welcome pack, it has now been 21 weeks & counting,
looks like it's going to be 6 months.

I have received my MCP & MCDST packs previously, with no problems within the
8 weeks.

It certainly doesn't encourage me to spend the money, time & effort studying
other MS certs.

The saga continues, after 6 months a welcome pack arrives, but unfortunately it is not mine it is for a gentleman in Bolivia and is an MCP pack not MCSA.........looks like Microsoft will have to fly me to Bolivia to exchange packs with my MCP friend there.......

Comments

• OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    You leave in New Zealand, so it can be a bit easier for your stuff to get lost on the way. Make sure there is no minor error in your address.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    make sure all your contact info is correct in your mcp profile (or whatever it is called at this point).
    witty comment
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    KiwiBJ wrote:
    Anyone else having problems getting a Welcome Pack out of Microsoft ???

I passed my MCSA 2003 September 29th last year and requested the Welcome
    pack on the 30th, according to MS they have sent me 3 packs since then, none
    of which have arrived, it feels like I have emailed & spoken to everyone
    expect Bill and still no welcome pack, it has now been 21 weeks & counting,
    looks like it's going to be 6 months.

I have received my MCP & MCDST packs previously, with no problems within the
    8 weeks.

It certainly doesn't encourage me to spend the money, time & effort studying
    other MS certs.

The saga continues, after 6 months a welcome pack arrives, but unfortunately it is not mine it is for a gentleman in Bolivia and is an MCP pack not MCSA.........looks like Microsoft will have to fly me to Bolivia to exchange packs with my MCP friend there.......
    I had a similar experience. I submitted my request back on the first week of November and finally received it the second week of March or thereabouts. I received a similar story of having sent 3 different packs. I verified my address no less than 3 times on the phone with their call center people. It got to the point that I gave up ever actually getting the pack from them. My co-worker, who was certified the same day and submitted his request the same time I did, received his pack approx. 3-4 weeks after sending putting in the request.