Options

PowerShell questions in the 70-410?

mattsaundersmcpmattsaundersmcp Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys

I am studying for my 70-410 and checked the Skills measured here on the MS website and I don't see anything about PowerShell.

Does this exam focus on PowerShell commands?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    Yes. You need to know Powershell for the 70-410.

Some examples of types of PowerShell you may encounter are:
    -Converting the GUI to Shell and vice versa.
    -Know how to use install-windowsfeature (or uninstall)
    -Creating users and groups. Like new-ADUser or new-ADGroup
    -Commands to Mange Hyper-V, such as managing virtual switches or Virtual Machines
  • Options
    mattsaundersmcpmattsaundersmcp Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply, I'm going to be taking the exam at the end of May
  • Options
    VIJNIAMEVIJNIAME Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    try the 70-410 PowerShell commands provided by James Conrad (with CBTNuggets.com) I found it useful & I passed the exam.
  • Options
    tecjohnsontecjohnson Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are interested in learning powershell (and if you want to be an network admin you really should) I highly recommend this book:

Learn Windows PowerShell 3 in a Month of Lunches: Don Jones, Jeffery Hicks: 9781617291081: Amazon.com: Books

I find that once you understand the syntax and grammar of powershell most of the powershell questions are easy.
  • Options
    ZandokanZandokan Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm very new to Power shell but this helped me when I started with Cisco, I compiled almost all the commands of Training Guide from M$. Is probably not as good and James Conrad **** sheet but since I don't have that nor do I like his videos here is mine I hope it helps someone else too.
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6e82a6bf3b1feb40#cid=6E82A6BF3B1FEB40&id=6E82A6BF3B1FEB40!147
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, I've never worked with PowerShell and going to fill this gap. I'm going to begin with training video for beginners on PowereShell 2.0 on my mother language and after that continue to watch and read materials on PowerShell 3.0. Is this plan OK?
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That should be fine. The powershell on the exam isn't overly tough if you carefully read the commands. English not as your primary language may complicate that but should be okay. I don't think I am giving away anything that isn't obvious that you should definitely know the powershell commands for going from UI to core and back again.
  • Options
    sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MSSoftie wrote: »
    That should be fine. The powershell on the exam isn't overly tough if you carefully read the commands. English not as your primary language may complicate that but should be okay. I don't think I am giving away anything that isn't obvious that you should definitely know the powershell commands for going from UI to core and back again.
    English (even though is not my mother language) is not a problem, but I'd like to begin with material which is more clear for me to understand and after that to proceed to more advance and newer version. I hope the difference between PowerShell 2.0 and 3.0 is not so giant and won't make me to re-learn.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I actually found powershell 3 to be easier than powershell 2. Microsoft put in a ton of improvements, including a verbose help system. There is a ton more commands too.

I used this and found it to be excellent actually:

PowerShell Training Course | Microsoft Virtual Academy
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    FullTilt151FullTilt151 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I saw this question both times I took the test (just as an example)

You need to add a AD user named John Smith to the Domain Admins group, what is the PS command? (paraphrasing)

Good luck!
  • Options
    PleharPlehar Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep in mind that the PowerShell default execution policy for 2k12 R2 has been changed from Restricted to RemoteSigned.
  • Options
    unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One of the most important things for these exams, is my opinion, is to know which commands have been deprecated since 2008. Those will almost ALWAYS be 2 of the answer choices that you can eliminate immediately if you recognize it.
  • Options
    ManuceManuce Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VIJNIAME wrote: »
    try the 70-410 PowerShell commands provided by James Conrad (with CBTNuggets.com) I found it useful & I passed the exam.

Do you still have the PDF ? can you please share that. thanks - Manuce