Finished CCNP

okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
Finished TSHOOT on Sunday. Feels good. I procrastinated way too much. Don't be like me!

The Boson ExSim-Max served me well, especially for TSHOOT. Highly recommend for exam preparation.
Reading - CCNP ROUTE/SWITCH simplified. The ROUTE book is good. SWITCH not so much. CLN, TE, other blogs, etc.
Videos - Chris Bryant. Great videos. Overkill for TSHOOT and BGP, but helpful nonetheless.
Labs - Used the official lab manuals, as well as Boson Netsim. I would NOT recommend buying Netsim.

Worth noting, I have 3 years experience in enterprise so most information wasn't new to me. I've already started reading OCG for CCIE. So much for taking a break from studying.

Good luck to everyone studying!

Comments

• f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif The CCIE road is long and lonely, best of luck!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on the awesome achievement! Update your signature too!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    Congrats! I wish there were test centers near me that are open on weekends.
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job!! Congrats!!
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! May it help your career. :)
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on passing!
    prtech wrote: »
    I wish there were test centers near me that are open on weekends.

Hah, me too. I usually have to drive an hour plus to the Austin area to test on weekends.

I've even considered opening up a shop that catered to evening and weekend testing, thinking it'd be good for working professionals, and I could probably staff it with college students or something.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your CCIE journey.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."