Finally got my red wings

CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally rounded out my CCNP on 5/10/13, 2 years and 3 days after passing my CCENT.Instead of actually studying for the TSHOOT test, I pretty much just went head first into CCIE written studies after SWITCH and when I felt pretty good, I took the TSHOOT and totally aced it. I must have missed only one trouble ticket.

I've been studying for the CCDA for fun, was planning on doing the test first week of June but I found out I'm doing some travel that week so it may have to wait.

I am attending a CCIE written bootcamp the third week of October, and on the last day of it, I take the test. I have a list of 9 books I want to have finished by the time that class hits.

I've finished:
Cisco LAN Switching Conf Handbook
TCP/IP Vol 1
TCP/IP Vol 2
Internet Routing Arch ( half way through )

Haven't started:
MPLS Configuration on Cisco IOS Software
Cisco QOS Exam Cert Guide
Interdomain Multicast Solutions Guide
The 2nd Internet
CCIE R&S Certification Guide

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I finally rounded out my CCNP on 5/10/13, 2 years and 3 days after passing my CCENT.Instead of actually studying for the TSHOOT test, I pretty much just went head first into CCIE written studies after SWITCH and when I felt pretty good, I took the TSHOOT and totally aced it. I must have missed only one trouble ticket.I've been studying for the CCDA for fun, was planning on doing the test first week of June but I found out I'm doing some travel that week so it may have to wait.I am attending a CCIE written bootcamp the third week of October, and on the last day of it, I take the test. I have a list of 9 books I want to have finished by the time that class hits.I've finishedCisco LAN Switching Conf HandbookTCP/IP Vol 1TCP/IP Vol 2Internet Routing Arch ( half way through )Haven't started:MPLS Configuration on Cisco IOS SoftwareCisco QOS Exam Cert GuideInterdomain Multicast Solutions GuideThe 2nd InternetCCIE R&S Certification Guide

This is not what I expected from the title lol
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Being from Michigan, the CCNP logo was not the first thing I thought of when I saw the title... icon_lol.gif

Congrats!
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Thought the same thing.. That game last night was stressful to watch.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • mworwellmworwell Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I can't wait to finish up my CCNP. What's next for you?
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Blackout wrote: »
    This is not what I expected from the title lol
    Yeah, I thought I had logged into the urban dictionary forums accidentally.

Regardless, congrats on the accomplishment.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats on clearing the CCNP.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

I'm going to try to finish the CCDA before the end of August, and do the second half of CCNA Data Center before October.

The third week of October I have a bootcamp for the CCIE written where we take the test on the last day. Would be great to knock it out at that time, that would give me basically all of 2014 to study for the lab.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on the CCIE Written,
    That's a hectic certification schedule. Good Luck.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I thought I had logged into the urban dictionary forums accidentally.

Regardless, congrats on the accomplishment.

HAHA!

On a serious note congrats! I hope to be there soon myself.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63