Passed Switch

JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
I passed Switch today. It is definitely more of a memorization test then Route. I got a 901/1000. I have Tshoot scheduled for next Friday. I have already read the Tshoot OCG and I have been going over some practice stuff. From what I hear it's not too hard and you should try and take it as soon as possible after the first 2 so that is why I'm taking it so soon.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Congrats, you are knocking out the CCNP at a pretty good pace! What's next after you pass TSHOOT?

I may be jumping into R/S soon myself. I've been offered a job that is mainly routing and switching with voice and security duties in a backup role. Large company with EIGRP and DVPN GRE implementation. I want a new challenge but don't love routing like I do voice so going to be a tough decision.
  • JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    After Tshoot I will take a break for a few months and work on some Linux and scripting skills and read some of the CCIE books to get a feel for the topics I don't have much experience with (QoS and Multicast). This winter I plan to officially begin the CCIE push. All signs point to the curriculum getting a revamp soon so I will wait that out and wait for the training material to catch up before making the official push to complete the test. I figure once I make the official push it is going to take me a good year to prepare for the CCIE lab exam. It just has so many different topics that you need to be proficient in to pass the test. The step from CCNP to CCIE is a pretty big one so I don't want rush it too much. Also the test is very expensive to take.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Jackace - congrats - you are moving at a phenomenal pace! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job!
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Great job. That Switch exam is tough.
    Good luck on the rest of CCNP.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. :)
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]