RHCE Done!!

ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
After my failed attempt the first time it feels great to pass the RHCE. I have been nervous since I didn't get my results until the morning. Finished the exam with about 40 min left to spare, and double checked everything. Thanks for the tips Unixguy, log32 and others here.

Just glad to be done with it, now time to relax and take a break from studying :)
Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Comments

• jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Congrats on the pass! Hope to join you in the RHCE ranks in a few months.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    amazing work! welcome to the RHCE club!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congratulations!! Excellent achievement icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Excellent work! This is one hell of a cert to get.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the victory!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations on the Pass !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the Pass !

Congrats and welcome to the RHCE club!
  • ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, it took a lot of practice and study time. I actually did better than I thought, 2nd guessing myself. Either way glad to join the RHCE club!
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • QuantumKnightQuantumKnight Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Huge congrats to you, I am starting my grinding road to get where you are. I'm just became a Unix/Linux admin not too long and while I love it, it is a huge learning curve. Congrats to you.
  • remd234remd234 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! You are good at it!!!
  • nfsdxnfsdx Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need some advises to study for RHCE Exam.
    Please help me.
    Which resources are useful to achieve this goal.
  • coolmikucoolmiku Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ironlung wrote: »
    After my failed attempt the first time it feels great to pass the RHCE. I have been nervous since I didn't get my results until the morning. Finished the exam with about 40 min left to spare, and double checked everything. Thanks for the tips Unixguy, log32 and others here.

Just glad to be done with it, now time to relax and take a break from studying :)

I just flushed the rules and save the iptables and rebooted machine in the beginning. I have not disabled iptables nor done chkconfig iptables off during the exam. I couldn't figure out where I was wrong.

I have taken RHCE exam and I am sure that I have completed every question 100% correct but I got score of 104 out of 300. Not even close to 200 so don't know what happened. I was practicing the RHCE for months now also went to training camp. I have rebooted machine several times and also double checked every question from Virtual Machine as well as Base machine. Everything was working as should be without any issue so don't understand why I got only 104 not even close to 200. I was expecting 275 or above but didn't even get to half way. I don't understand how RedHat test my result. what would be the key points when they check exam results? Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I have also gone through books and online forums but couldn't find anything. I am gonna take test again but looks like outcome will be the same because I don't know where/why RedHat is failing me. I have not turned off firewall/Iptables nor disabled it.
  • vasyvasyvasyvasy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @coolmiku

Well, why didn't you turned off the firewall or disabled it?
    Red Hat just uses a series of scripts that just verifies your configuration and performs advanced testing on connectivity to your services
    If a firewall was blocking their requests, then this was the problem

Maybe next time you could verify the netfilter rules *after* a restart

Best of luck!
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Congrats on the pass, I am glad one more member of this forum passed RHCE. This year hopefully I'll have a stab at it myself. How did it feel last few weeks before the exam, how did you feel while taking the exam and how do you feel now that you passed it?
    Awesome achievement, I am glad you did it.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats!

I've got the nail that cert before they switch to RHEL 7!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness