CompTIA Mobility+ Beta invitation

owieczka_maowieczka_ma Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone received invitation from CompTIA for Beta Mobility+ exam (MB1–001)?

Cheers,
M

Comments

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Someone in another thread stated that all of the free slots to take the exam have already been filled. I didn't even receive the invite. I will wait and take this at the end of the year when the study guides are released.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If anyone has details on good places to get study notes that would be great.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    I took the exam yesterday. Unfortunately I won't know if I passed until the end of the beta process. icon_silent.gif As far as study materials, the official recommendation isn't far off: have your Network+ and 18 months of actual MDM experience. It doesn't really matter which MDM, but using and troubleshooting user issues related to MDM was a good portion of the exam. If you look at the posted exam topics, they did a good job aligning to what they said was going to be on the exam. There wasn't anything that jumped out at me as being off-topic. If you look at the list and feel comfortable with most of the technology, you should be fine.

However, don't get wrapped around the axle about the specific cellular technologies - they are a small part of the exam. General familiarity should be fine.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Beta slots for this exam filled in about an hour after invites went out.

It was full when I tried it. I hope this cert gains some traction out there. Im not sure if I would pay to take it at this point. I have similar opinions to it as I do the Cloud+ Beta event. Would have loved to take them for free, but whats the ROI on actually paying for these tests? I dont know if employers are as excited about them as we are?
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Rich33442Rich33442 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got one slot, i'm scheduled for the test at the begining of July, I don't have network+ but have security+ but do have experience with mobiles and network, just so I prepare better, do you guys have any recommendations? books? sites taht I can use to prepare?
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    goatama wrote: »
    I took the exam yesterday. Unfortunately I won't know if I passed until the end of the beta process. icon_silent.gif As far as study materials, the official recommendation isn't far off: have your Network+ and 18 months of actual MDM experience. It doesn't really matter which MDM, but using and troubleshooting user issues related to MDM was a good portion of the exam. If you look at the posted exam topics, they did a good job aligning to what they said was going to be on the exam. There wasn't anything that jumped out at me as being off-topic. If you look at the list and feel comfortable with most of the technology, you should be fine.

However, don't get wrapped around the axle about the specific cellular technologies - they are a small part of the exam. General familiarity should be fine.

Any suggestion on information on MDMs? I would assume since it is a CompTIA exam that Microsoft SCMDM would be included.
  • OnTheDLOnTheDL Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking this beta test on Monday (6/10). I originally scheduled it for 6/29, however I have since received notice that 150+ people have taken it already, 650 have registered for it & that the beta will be closed once 400 people have taken it. In turn, I re-scheduled it sooner, as advised to do so in the e-mail I received. Obviously, there are currently no study materials available until the exam is post beta later this year. Basically, my plan is to review the objectives & search online for any terms I'm unfamiliar with. If anyone has taken it & has any resources they might recommend, it would be appreciated....

Peace,
    OnTheDL.
  • suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am taking this tomorrow (6/22) and have been reading this book as a resource.

Mobile Device Security For Dummies: Rich Campagna, Subbu Iyer, Ashwin Krishnan, Mark Bauhaus: 9780470927533: Amazon.com: Books

It actually covers alot of the objectives listed. I only have BES experience but found this to help with some newer concepts in MDM. Hope it helps.
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took mine on June 14th. WOW, not what I was expecting. If I didn't pass my ego will drop a few pegs. I've been working on CWNA for about a month before the Mobility+.
  • RenegadejukeboxRenegadejukebox Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I got the invite on both the mobility+ and mobility security+ about 3 weeks ago but I just went to put the promo codes in today and it says it doesn't recognize them. Guess I was too late?? Anybody else experience this?
  • suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I sat this exam on Saturday 6/22 and just wanted to give my input on the experience.
    As was mentioned before in this thread and others about it, I believe they did a good job of following the objectives listed from the CompTIA website. Know the troubleshooting and MDM portions very well and you should be fine. If you have worked with any MDM and LAN's for a while you should do fine on it. Know the ports listed and the acronyms in the objectives also.
    I am pretty sure I passed but I was certainly stumped on a few of the questions dealing with specific cellular technologies. I guess we will see.
  • mcgraymcgray Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Mobility+ is now in prelaunch. I visited mobility plus training website and notice they were offering HUGE discounts if you sign up before November 20th. I think this will be a beneficial certification to have. Im signing up today so I can get the discount.