Options

Finding a job

danielb77danielb77 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm an Information Technology graduate ( bachelors degree) that is unable to find a job in that field. Would Security Plus help land my a job ?

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums danielb77.

It might. Many employers recognize that there are many significant IT risks out there and the Security+ cert shows that you have at least a basic understanding of these risks. I'm not sure if you're unable to land interviews, or you're unable to get job offers after the interviews. If you're not getting interviews, the problem is very likely your resume and cover letter or email intro. Overall, an education combined with some certs does increase your chances of getting an interview. Once you get the interview you can demonstrate your knowledge, ability to communicate, and ability to get along with others.

You might like to check out this forum, browse through some threads, and post a question there: IT Jobs / Degrees Forums.
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Network+ is a suggested prerequisite to Security+:
    Security certification, CompTIA Security+ certification
    Depending on your knowledge, you may want to start with Network+ (or even its suggested prerequisite - the A+ cert). Both certs are excellent. I found studying for Network+ particularly informative.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D