Looking for users who have used Udmey.com or Trainsignal.

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello,
My work schedule will not allow me to take Certification courses like CCNA Security or Microsoft Excel classes at my local college at the moment.
I was wondering if anyone here has used either Train Signal or Udmey.com and what were the pros and cons for you ?

Please let me know what your experiences were ?

Thanks in advance

mgmguy1
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used train signal for the 70-461 exam and found it to be very helpful.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm in the middle of the CCNAS with Chris Byrant on Udemy. He does a nice job IMO and is easy to follow along. I'm no where near close to being ready for the exam but I think with his videos and the Cisco OCG .... some practice with CCP and GNS3.... I'll get there. The $44 has been worth it so far...

Hope this helps.
    Hatch
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I bought a few courses on Udemy, including CCNP videos from Bryant.

I think it's a good platform that you can use pretty much everywhere and allows you to download videos to watch on-the-go.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've used the CCNA videos on uDemy by Chris Bryant and I like them. I've also purchased the CCNA Security videos but I cannot comment on them since I haven't started them yet.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can you download the videos from Udemy?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Can you download the videos from Udemy?

Depends on the content author and whether they allow it to be downloaded or not. I forget what course it was I purchased, but it wasn't downloadable. The Chris Bryant material, however is downloadable.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your responses. I decided to go with Trainsignal as I get to view their entire Library for 49.00 a month. I don't think you can do that with udemy.com. I will say that udemy.com commericals and reviews have been pretty cool to read about. I might get something from Udemy.com at a later date but TranSignal is where I am off to I think.

If anyone else some feeback on this topic I would still like to hear from you.

Thanks
    mgmguy1
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
    @mgmguy1: LOL, that is exactly why I DON'T want to use TrainSignal. I'm concerned about being easily distracted by having access to everything.
  • prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    I like Udemy. I've taken CCNP, Excel, and Visio classes there. They're always e-mailing me 75% off coupon codes. I currently have a 65% off coupon: SAVE6595. That brings their CCNA Security 2013 Video Boot Camp to $13!
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @mgmguy1: LOL, that is exactly why I DON'T want to use TrainSignal. I'm concerned about being easily distracted by having access to everything.

My wife decided to join me in learning some new skills so we dcided to go with udmey.com. My wife thought I would get too distracted by having access to everything. I will post again with my review of the course once I am done with it.

Fats Domino
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Trainsignal, I will say they don't update their courses, but it is worth it IMO. I used it for the A+ and started watching videos for the 70-680. There practice test for the A+ were dated and ask things that I know wouldn't be asked on those exams. Other than that I enjoyed their videos.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    prtech wrote: »
    I like Udemy. I've taken CCNP, Excel, and Visio classes there. They're always e-mailing me 75% off coupon codes. I currently have a 65% off coupon: SAVE6595. That brings their CCNA Security 2013 Video Boot Camp to $13!

Just tried that code but it was expired. Bulldog60 still works and brings ccnp:route to $44.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am currently using udemy.com for my CCNP studies and I am really liking it.
    I'm currently using Chris Bryant for my CCNA:Security studies. VERY good.