Options

3750 a multilayer switch?

inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□

3750 a multilayer switch?

Multilayer means it has routing features right?
I should be able to
Enable IP routing
Then router ospf?

Comments

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is 100% correct. icon_pirat.gif
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Yes. Be aware that many of the OSPF features will be unlocked with each version of IOS.
  • Options
    I just confirmed with cisco that you must buy a license for these features to be enabled. WOW those guys!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They aren't running a charity!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    LMAO. Its how the game is. What features did you need in OSPF?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    yeah OSPF.

I know they are not running charity but jeezes, we pay so much for everything.

we have 2 3750 sitting here and we can't use them because the boss does not want to buy a license for them.

I have a license here that they sent for a 3750 and it is unused, and for mutilayer enablement; It does not work on this model 3750.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yuppp you should see the difference in price between the "ipservices" and "advipservices" ios...crazy
  • Options
    FloOz wrote: »
    yuppp you should see the difference in price between the "ipservices" and "advipservices" ios...crazy

Not sure why but that IOS is not even a downloadable option for this model. I looked for advanced or enterprise, all afternoon, I could download that cause our service contract allows it, I could not find it.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    My Brocade routers charge for the premium (OSPF and BGB) routing. Although...they just load it onto secondary flash and nothing prevents you from booting to that partition. Wait until you have to pay for a switch which can handle the full BGP table...scary.