Options

Insurance questions on the CISSP exam?

student415student415 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there any insurance related questions on the CISSP exam? If this topic is covered, can someone recommend a reliable source to study?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Risk management and ALE are used in the insurance business. Do you see mention of insurance topics in your CISSP study materials?
  • Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    There's definitely a subset of questions about risk management, which includes strategies to define and determine if a risk is to be accepted, ignored, mitigated, or transferred. Insurance is a type of risk-transfer so do expect questions about it on the exam.

There's sufficient coverage of risk management concepts in the official study guide, but you're probably better off also reading the AIO for a plain English explanation.
  • Options
    student415student415 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @JDMurray, there are no detailed references to insurance in the AIO, CBK, or Eric Conrad books. I did see some difficult questions on the CCCure test engine that were asking about the ACV and RCV. This is why I was wondering if I should dedicate more time to this area.

@forestgiant, I feel pretty good about the risk management strategies portion, but I don't know much about insurance, beyond it being related to risk transfer.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    The word "insurance" doesn't appear in the CISSP Candidate Information Bulletin. ACV and RCV are important for understanding how to treat a risk, but I don't think it's necessary to relate those terms specificly to insurance (or assurance) for the CISSP.
  • Options
    HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The word "insurance" doesn't appear in the CISSP Candidate Information Bulletin. ACV and RCV are important for understanding how to treat a risk, but I don't think it's necessary to relate those terms specificly to insurance (or assurance) for the CISSP.

I was going to say the exact same thing. There is nothing on the exam that refers to "insurance".