Failed CCNA..

Donnelly82Donnelly82 Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sat the exam today, didn't do too well!!
Defo more study/practice needed!! What really surprised me was the very few questions on subnetting. And I ran out of time. Gutted, but hey ho, back on it 2moro.

Comments

• PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Are you going to try again? If so, you didn't fail, you just didn't pass this time.

We all go through it at some point if we stick with this. Knock 'em dead next time.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • mweaver84mweaver84 Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PCHoldmann wrote: »
    Are you going to try again? If so, you didn't fail, you just didn't pass this time.

+1 icon_cheers.gif
  • Donnelly82Donnelly82 Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    U better believe it, going to keep sitting it till I pass it. Going to have a night off tonight!!! Lol Ill book it again for 2/3 weeks time!! I work 6 days and don't get home till generally late!! It's just time!!

Atleast I now know, even though I get 95-100% in practice tests, it's not like the real thing... Ha
  • pertpert Member Posts: 250
    If you didn't pass, then yes, you failed. Get depressed, get angry, then get motivated and redouble your efforts. Embrace failure and use it. I am 100% opposed to this you didn't fail malarkey. Everyone fails at multiple things throughout their lives, and there is nothing wrong with feeling bad or shamed about it. That is the entire point of failure! To tell you that you are doing it wrong and need to change your approach or apply more effort. Every big change I've made was preceded by an equally large failure.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Well, you've got the right attitude.
    Keep going. You'll pass next time.
  • fluffymomfluffymom Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just curious...what practice test did you use? Have you possibly memorized all the questions and that is not giving you a real assessment of your knowledge?

Dee
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which part troubled you the most??
    Practice it again & again till you feel comfortable at it.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • gparmargparmar Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    don't worry
    concentrate on your weak points and nail the test next time.
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I ran into the same thing, I had next to no subnetting questions. The good thing is you know how the exam is presented and what areas you had trouble in. Study hard and you will def get it next time.
    @Dee i used various website such as

99 Free CCENT ICND1 questions
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna_exam?tab=practice
    Practice Subnet Skills: Identify the Valid IP Address Range
    plus some others and I also bought Todd Lammles CliffTestPrep book, which has 10 practice exams,I dont think i just memorised the questions and answers. Just wasnt ready id say, more time on configuring devices, i thot i was ready, obviously not.

@d6bmg to be honest it was more the exam simulator that got me, took me about 5 mins to figure out how to log into one of the hosts, and the going back and forth between windows to get ip settings etc. what i learned in practice exams was to read the questions properly, maybe i read them too good this time haha. I thought there would be a lot of subnetting involved but there wasn't, so spent a bit of study time on practicing subnetting. BUT all is good, came home was angry and annoyed, not that the fact that i had failed but the way i failed it. TIME IS CRITICAL.. and also need to practice the implementation, of configuring devices, i shouldnt need to have to think to be able to to a task, no time for that, you need to be able to read a question and answer it straight away. you get 90 mins to answer 50 questions, that's under 2 mins on average per question.

I am feeling very upbeat, positive and now i know exactly what i need to do and know. I bought a Test prep and study pack this morning with Simulations, the lot. I had the ones that come along with the Wendell Odom book, but i found them very poor. Today after work I came home and wiped my 2x2610xm Routers, 2x2950 Switches, and my 3550 switch. Going to start from the beginning, and creating a log book along the way.

So here we Go CCNA IM COMING TO GETCHA.

cheers guys.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @d6bmg to be honest it was more the exam simulator that got me, took me about 5 mins to figure out how to log into one of the hosts, and the going back and forth between windows to

Ahh. Take your time on the tutorial section before the test if you are new to Cisco exams with sims and simlets. It will give you an opportunity to practice these very things so on the test you can focus on what's being tested.
    Ahh. Take your time on the tutorial section before the test if you are new to Cisco exams with sims and simlets. It will give you an opportunity to practice these very things so on the test you can focus on what's being tested.

Definitely, thats a lesson ive learned lol
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    sorry to hear that.... check your Inbox.
    Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    If you take ICND1, there will be heavier subnetting but the composite has a little less. You really have the right attitude, you'll get it next time!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Good luck Donnelly82

I am going to sit my CCNA within the next month, my revision has been INE videos, CBT nuggets and heavy study of the Cisco companion guides. From practice exams to, I've realised that the network fundamentals are VERY important as most of practice questions I've attempted are about basic fundamentals. Which I've stupidly been disregarding haha and focusing more on FR and PPP etc.

Hope this info helps your studying! :)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    I'm sitting my CCENT. Before Sept. and then my CCNA soon after that. I've been working with this test for a couple months now and have taken a lot of classes and its still hard. Eventually I get it all. Subnetting is coming quiet easy now. Its just now about speed. :) One topic at a time!!!! GO get that Test!
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck on the retake