not received email from M$ yet

namanama Member Posts: 187
I've passed my MCP exam for more than a week but have not received any email from them to register for the welcome kit. Should I continue to wait?

Comments

• kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I never recieved mine either, so I called after a week and they told me my MCP # and access code. Make sure they give you the access code and be prepared to write down something like 42 characters.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    perhaps I'll email them to avoid any mistakes.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    They won't contact you.....at least not that I've ever heard of. You go to their website and sign up. Then the process can begin :)

You'll still be an MCP, but you won't see your welcome kit nor have access to all the other special benefits of an MCP like transcripts, MCP #, etc...
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Plantwiz wrote:
    They won't contact you.....at least not that I've ever heard of. You go to their website and sign up. Then the process can begin :)

You'll still be an MCP, but you won't see your welcome kit nor have access to all the other special benefits of an MCP like transcripts, MCP #, etc...
    from what I know, I need an account provided by them (after passing the MCP exam), otherwise I won't be even able to their website and sign up anything.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It still initiated by you contacting them. I waited 8 weeks before I started digging around their site and realized I needed to contact them.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    anyway I've email them yesterday and provide them with my personal information but they have not get back to me with the access code until now.
  • jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    Please keep us informed. I passed my first MCP test on 4/7 and I haven't received anything either.
  • email them, provide your personal info. they should be able to send you back your MCP ID. You will also need a MS passport too. I waited for them to contact me for over 5 weeks, just make sure you provide all of your info the first time around, otherwise it takes like 2 days for each reply from them. After I did all of it and ordered my kit it took about 8 weeks to get it too.
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I live two hours north of Redmond.... My kit came from Singapore... FFS I could have just swung by Bill's house and picked it up myself.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
    Trailerisf wrote:
    I live two hours north of Redmond.... My kit came from Singapore... FFS I could have just swung by Bill's house and picked it up myself.
    how do you know your kit came from Singapore? icon_confused.gif:
  • lanehlaneh Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed my 70-290 in March, and like everyone else, expected an email, which I never got. I ended up emailing MCP support, got my ID and access code, and then couldn't register on the damn web site!

I ended up calling the regional support center, and got a real nice HUMAN who ordered the kit for me. Funny, another guy from work tried the same thing a few days later, and had to send in screen shots of his transcript, test info, etc.

Luck of the draw, I guess.
    Famous last words of a redneck - "Hey ya'll, watch this!"
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    I too have passed my 70-270 exam, my first one for MCP, and not recieved an email, can somebody provide me with the official microsoft support email you give your personal information too? And what information do you give? and what its too personal?

Thanks
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everyone that has not received an email may want to make sure it is not being marked as spam being put in your junk folder. That's where my first MCP email was.

Just food for thought.

The email is: MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    If you it has not yet been 7 business days, can you still email them, and get ur id and code faster? Or only for those who been over 7 days?
    Finally I've got my code from M$ today and have ordered the welcome kit. But when I access my online transcript, it does not reveal my test score, is this normal? icon_confused.gif:
    That's normal, scores are generally only shown on the print out you get from the test center.
    Did you get your M$ Code by waiting for it in e-mail or did the Support people give it to you? Just curious if they ever actually send the email to you anymore?
    kalebksp wrote:
    That's normal, scores are generally only shown on the print out you get from the test center.
    oh, i see. :)
    any idea what's the purpose of the transcript?
    So you can prove that you have the certs you say you do.
    win2k4 wrote:
    Did you get your M$ Code by waiting for it in e-mail or did the Support people give it to you? Just curious if they ever actually send the email to you anymore?
    I've sent them 3 mails in total (in a week) in order for them to reply me with the access code. Perhaps the first few mails went into their junk folder. icon_confused.gif
    kalebksp wrote:
    So you can prove that you have the certs you say you do.
    thanks for the prompt reply. I get it now. :)
  • jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    I emailed hmcphelp@microsoft.com and had my codes within 2 hours.