Passed ICND2 Today

rtjonesrtjones Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello fellow TE members

I was able to successfully pass the ICND2 exam today with a 916!
I will agree with others who stated the ICND1 was more difficult (scored an 825/ 804 min)
Barely passing the ICND1 had me feeling very nervous for part 2.

I used the Todd Lammle book, but learned the most from CBT nuggets video series.

I also work at a NOC with involves configuring Cisco routers (mostly 1800/1900 series) as IPSEC routers for retail VPNs.

The real reason I am writing this post is not to brag about my awesome score, but because I am trying to figure which Cert I should go for next.

My employer will only reimburse for the certs i now already have, so ill be footing the bill for the rest.

Possible Ideas:
CCNA security
Security+
MTCS/MCSE
Circle back for the A+

or go back to school and trade my 2 year degree for a 4 year one (BS:IT).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Comments

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!

I would go for Security+ and then, maybe CCNA Security. I wouldn't go back for the A+.
    That's just my opinion. See what others say.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I would suggest Security + then move onto the CCNA:Security. I would skip the A+ at this point
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @rtjones - I suspect that you may wish to accomplish all the goals you have listed but are simply unsure of the order in which to proceed. The advice you have received from earlier posters is solid: skip the A+, complete the Security+, then get the CCNA: Security. Conversely, you could simply study the Security+ material, skip the test altogether, and head straight into the CCNA: Security. You could do the degree program concurrently via online programs such as WGU or the BSIT from a Consortium of Georgia Colleges: Online Bachelor in Information Technology Degree through the Georgia WebBSIT Program .
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats on the pass! I would also go with Sec+ next.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You should be proud of your accomplishment. It's great that you are looking ahead to what you should get next instead of settling.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.
    If possible proceed with CCNA Security.
    Going back to A+ or Security+ makes no sense to me.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go for the kill and get CCNA Security.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • rtjonesrtjones Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Ivanjam, Thanks for pointing out the GA Web BS IT.

The CCNA is a great key to open the doors to better jobs.
    However, after seaching some different CCNA job postings I am finding that 4 year degree is the other lock on the door.

I am going to go back to school, I found my 2 year school was on the list of schools for the GA webBS eligible for transfer.

See you guys around, as I will get some more certs along the way, thanks guys!