Difficulty Question

win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
If anybody has passed the 70-270 exam (i have) tell me if the two exams to become MCDST harder then it or easier? Or can it not be compared? Do they cover some same stuff, or completely different?

Thanks for your guys help.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

IMO the 271 is a bit similar to the 270, but the 272 is nothing like the 270. I would have to say that the MCDST exams are easier than the 270 exam because the depth the 270 exam goes into is a lot more and geared towards an AD domain deployment rather then individual desktop setups, configurations, and using MS Office applications.
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    I noticed how the exam objectives for 70-271 are almost same as 70-270. Do you think i can pass the 70-271 exam with just the knowledge i have to pass 70-270, or do i need to read up a book on 70-271 before i try to take the exam?
    In your case I would go to Transcender and download the demo version of the 271 exam and see where you stand after 10 questions.

I don't want to give out false hope, it really depends on your current experience with XP and setting up user desktops.

Good luck!
    Okay thanks a lot for your help :)
    On the demo i got 50% overall score, but i was only tested on 10 questions, do you think this means i'm ready? The one's i got wrong i knew also, i just got tricked.
  • cloudwarriorcloudwarrior Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no your not ready
    I agree you are not yet ready and need to get the exam objectives and make sure you know each one of them. MS questions are very capable of tricking you.

As for study guides, I used Exam Cram 2 and the 270 technotes on this site, but I did think the EC2 was not a good book for the exam. I would recommend the MS Press books.

Good luck.
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Currently studying for the same exam, and I would agree that EC2 really arn't the best prep for this one :)

CBT Nuggets + Tech notes from this site have helped me ALOT so far :D