Any Mikrotik users out there?

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been working with these at work a good bit lately since they are a cheap (60 bucks starting out) MPLS capable box that supports OSPF and MP-BGP. They do all kinds of neat stuff like EoMPLS and VPLS and just about any acronym you can dredge up from the network world.

MikroTik Routers and Wireless

Any Mikrotik fans out there? It just amazes me that these little things will do almost anything a carrier grade router will do (Except 720 Gbps of traffic per slot of course :) )
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really was into them a while back while looking at a POC for a business.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mikroTikmikroTik Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just received your comments from someone and please fell free to ask may be we can share our knowledge together
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    We have a few wireless transceivers from Mikrotik. Well worth the price we paid for them :)
    I don't like their CLI because it's less than intuitive, but once they are configured, they just work. No problems so far.
  • pcunitepcunite Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've just started learning them. I was wanting something more powerful than an IPCop box.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikroTik wrote: »
    I just received your comments from someone and please fell free to ask may be we can share our knowledge together

I love the MikroTik CLI...its color coded and stays red if the command syntax isn't right icon_smile.gif
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...