Options

Another pass for 05/29/13

ChantelChantel Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I used Professor Messer videos, Daril's book, a Sybex study guide, Measureup practice tests, and Transcender practice tests. Despite all of those, I saw many questions that were not covered. Some of my questions didn't seem to provide enough information to answer accurately. I had seven simulation questions. My score was lower than most people on here report - 801. But it was better than my Network+ score.

I am not sure what is next for me. My master's program in cybersecurity starts on June 3rd. Not sure how much time I will have for certs. Also, I don't know which certs I should now be aiming for. I doubt I will do A+ because there are just so many to get that it is not on my high priority list.

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Take a break and prepare for that master's program. You deserve it.
    IMO - Don't worry about the A+
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Good luck with the Master's program.
  • Options
    abramsgunnerabramsgunner Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and don't worry about your score.. a pass is a pass! A+ is really an entry level hardware/workstation cert. I can tell you most of the big name manufacturers require techs be A+ to be authorized to do warranty work, and a lot of small shops require it of their techs. I wouldn't think it would be a major requirement for security/networking type position. For many (myself included) it was the best way to turn 8-10 years of homegrown experience into something that an employer valued enough to offer a first job.
  • Options
    ChantelChantel Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats and the information. Maybe I will get the A+ someday, but for now I won't. I had someone suggest the CISSP, but I can't get that for two years. That way I can knock a year off the experience requirement and have six years to get the other four (unless the rules change). So maybe I will be taking a break, that is one of the next ones I want to tackle. Maybe I will want to get SQL certified as well, but that is not going to be easy.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good with Master's Degree program
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security
  • Options
    sanrussanrus Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□