CompTIA Mobility+

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just got this in my email.

Be one of the first to earn CompTIA Mobility+ –
for free!

The era of BYOD (bring your own device) is here. Employees want to choose their own mobile device and companies are trying to support them. This puts tremendous responsibility on the IT department to ensure the devices integrate with the network and keep company data secure.

CompTIA Mobility+, planned to be available in late 2013, will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to understand and research capabilities of various mobile devices and aspects of over–the–air technologies.

As part of CompTIA’s high–stakes development process to ensure a statistically validated certification, CompTIA is offering a free Mobility+ beta for the first 400 people to register and take the exam. ( a $261 value).

When: Available now
Where: Pearson VUE testing centers
Beta exam number: MB1–001
Cost: Free
Promo Code:
MOB+Mkt beta

(utilize when registering for the exam to receive it for free)

spacer.gif

Please Note:

Those who pass the exam will become CompTIA Mobility+ certified at the time the final exam launches in Q4, 2013.

If you are unable to test at your registered time, please click here to cancel at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not reschedule within 24 hours, you will be ineligible to register again. For complete cancelation policies for CompTIA exams, click here.

Study materials for the new version of the Mobility+ exam will not be available until the live exam launches later in 2013. View the objectives.

Visit http://support.comptia.org or call 866.835.8020, option 2, with questions.

Comments

• eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got my slot, wonder how this will stack up to CWNA. Was working on taking the CWNA in the next month so this should be a good warm up.
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Got the invite as well.... what do you guys think about the value of the cert?
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also, how do we study for this?
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Limit on the Beta has been reached icon_sad.gif
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't receive an invite, but I definitely plan on taking Mobility+ and also the new Cloud+ when they are released. Hopefully they will be added to the CE program and will renew all of the "lesser" CompTIA certs.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    Limit on the Beta has been reached icon_sad.gif

Well that escalated quickly!
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nyblizzard wrote: »
    Also, how do we study for this?

Go over the exam objectives. Basically it is:

Over the air technologies 13%
    Network Infrastructure 15%
    Mobile Device Management 28%
    Security 20%
    Troubleshooting 24%

I'm just not clear on what MDM they are talking about or where they have gotten their "best practices" from.
  • MiikeBMiikeB Member Posts: 301
    Eh, I could see where the knowledge is useful but I don't think the cert holds any value. I probably wouldn't even list it on my resume unless I was applying for a job at a MDM provider or the like.
    Graduated - WGU BS IT December 2011
    Currently Enrolled - WGU MBA IT Start: Nov 1 2012, On term break, restarting July 1.
    QRT2, MGT2, JDT2, SAT2, JET2, JJT2, JFT2, JGT2, JHT2, MMT2, HNT2
    Future Plans - Davenport MS IA, CISSP, VCP5, CCNA, ITIL
    Currently Studying - VCP5, CCNA
  • sweetsaintsweetsaint Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got the email very late and all the slots are gone icon_sad.gif
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Managed to book a spot for it, will likely test by the end of the summer.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • ar_lampanoar_lampano Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got my spot on the test on July 27th. Looking for reviewer.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    tried by the end of the day yesterday and no spots left =\
    meh
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Knew this was coming. Before I left mobility was 40% of the incidents being called in. IMO eventually this will gain over 50% of the incidents that come through most standard service desk.
  • tsowentsowen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the Beta Exam today, was pretty straight forward exam.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tsowen wrote: »
    Took the Beta Exam today, was pretty straight forward exam.

Are you currently working with mobile deployment/implementation?
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I tried but the one testing center in my town is booked for the next 60 days and had no slots open
  • Rich33442Rich33442 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any links or book recommendations will be appreciated!
  • bndabbsbndabbs Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the exam yesterday. It's long (130 questions), but I guess that's to be expected with a beta.

It's pretty straightforward. I wouldn't consider my experience all that extensive and I didn't feel stumped by too many of the questions.

I received the following email from CompTIA yesterday, so take it sooner rather than later.

"Currently there have been over 650 who have registered to take the exam and 81 have already taken it. In addition, more than 400 have scheduled to take the exam prior to June 30th, 2013."
    Thanks for the follow up.
  • absoluteabsolute Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test on Monday and it was long but as the other poster stated, nothing that was too tough. More troubleshooting questions than cellular technology questions. I was actually looking for more port questions as well. Anyone know how long the beta will last?
  • mrploddymrploddy Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took this Beta today.

First go of a CompTIA beta.

Yes it's very trouble shooting based. if you've been on a helpdesk managing mobile devices and have a bit of general knowledge about general networking terms you won't struggle with it.

The broad split seems to be between -
    -trouble shooting scenarios-
    - definitions / general knowledge on networking / mobile device terminology

I went in with absolutely no preparation just doing it for kicks and I reckon I might stand half a chance of passing but we'll see in a few months.

How do you get to know if you've passed or not for CompTIA betas ?
    If you were applying for a mid level support position at my former company this certification would help you out. Anything mobility or mobile apple or android is huge in mid level support. Obviously engineers and such it probably has less value for.