Passed CISSP 31 May!

andytan91andytan91 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys i had to create my first post so as to share some information. I have been a lurker for a few months! So to start off, yeah i passed it few hours ago icon_smile.gif

To start off, I'm currently 22 and am serving in the army doing network and info assurance for a temp period before university starts. I studied 3 years of cyber security in college and had some 2 years + of relevant work experience as of now. So a few months back i decided to take up the challenge and take on the CISSP certification exam to become an associate for a while.

The following is preparation i have done for the exam (6 months prep)

1. Read Shon Harris 6th Edition thrice
2. Chance upon CCCure and bought the online quiz. Attempted 9k repeated questions in total at the end. I kept doing till i got to mid 90% consistently for each domain with the max no. of questions and made sure i get the concepts right.
3. Read Eric Konrad Study Guide and his Eleventh Hour. Did his 500 online quizzes.
4. Personally compiled a reference guide for myself from the resources above.
5. Listened to Clement's "The Holistic CISSP Exam Preparation and Overview Tutorial" the day before exam.

I arrived at the testing center 20 minutes earlier and started shortly after that. Initially i was feeling a little nervous at the start of the exam so i figured i would answer like 10+ of them quick and marked for review. It took me around 3.5 hours to finish answering all the question. I then spent 2 hours for some serious review. Of course i took some toilet breaks in between. I had to admit this test was a serious mental drain out of my brain.

Majority of the questions probably 75% of it were not the kind of factual question that you could get straight out of a book or quiz engine. The answers were pretty similar. I had to narrow down to two possible answers and choose the best one. The exam was certainly not that technical, it was focused more on the managerial/scenario side.

Frankly speaking, my confidence level of passing at the end was not that high but fortunately i got a printout that said i passed icon_smile.gif. Lastly i want to say thank you everyone for supplying tips on techexams!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I wonder when the DoD will start awarding ribbons for having completed certification exams. ;)
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats! Are you doing green to gold?
  • andytan91andytan91 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    da_vato wrote: »
    Congrats! Are you doing green to gold?

Haha i guess not, i think you are referring to the US army? I live in Singapore and its compulsory for every male citizens to serve the army for at least 2 years here :P
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats on the Pass !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    yup you're right I read Army and assumed american (I'm a former soldier). Thats a great country to do IT in I'm almost a litte jealous.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Congrats !!

Time to celebrate with some good tequila shots !
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    so far associate life has been great for me. fast cars, beautiful women, briefcases full of cash. awesome all around. The beast has been slain, now we just have to sit back and wait for the exp requirement.