Options

I got RHCE!!!

remd234remd234 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had studied RHCSA for 3 months and then I have studied RHCE 2 months.

I failed to test RHCSA 2 times, and 1 time that is for RHCE.

Total I spent 5 months to get RHCE~

Thanks to TECHEXAMS.net people~!!

Comments

• Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations on the pass.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Good for you, such perseverance.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    Congrats! do you have prior experience working with linux?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    remd234remd234 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No, I learned fedora linux when I was junior student at university, and and learned solaris 10(unix) from other school for one month.

I think it's better to get RHCE for studying RHCE books and blog's contents that people who get Certifications made than previous experiences.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    @remd234: Congratulations, however I disagree that "it's better to get RHCE by studying blog's content of people who passed RHCE". When you put RHCE on your CV, people will have high expectations in interviews and in the job because it's not an entry level cert
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    @remd234: Congratulations, however I disagree that "it's better to get RHCE by studying blog's content of people who passed RHCE". When you put RHCE on your CV, people will have high expectations in interviews and in the job because it's not an entry level cert

Agree 100%
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    Congratulations! welcome to the RHCE club.
    Happy to see more and more people joining the redhat engineers circle icon_smile.gif more knowledge sharing.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on achieving RHCE status.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    nfsdxnfsdx Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please help me on the path to the RHCE.
    Give some advice to achieve the goal.
  • Options
    clarknovaclarknova Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

RHCE is my goal by the end of this year, I need to knuckle down and try to get it passed before RHEL 7 is released.
  • Options
    JoseJimenezJoseJimenez Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    coolmiku wrote: »
    I just flushed the rules and save the iptables and rebooted machine in the beginning. I have not disabled iptables nor done chkconfig iptables off during the exam. I couldn't figure out where I was wrong.

You didn't "disable" iptables ... you just disabled(flushed) a netfilter firewall that was "on" by default. You saved the configuration with no rules in it. Personally, I would make people who do that fail by default.

Go through Jang's book, Ghori's book, or official RH student workbooks ... did any of the resources mentioned disabling the firewall? No, actually they try to teach you how to use it to secure the services.
  • Options
    coolmikucoolmiku Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the explanation. I am referring the books as well. I know that I can add rules via GUI for each service but just in case I don't have enough time for troubleshooting each service then I can disable FW/IPtables. Just wanted to get some clarification.