Dell.

EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
My father was in the market for a PC. We decided on a Dell. We placed the order Wednesday night at about 7. We received free ground shipping, and the box was built and shipped on Thursday. The box arrived Friday afternoon. I just wanted to say that this is an awesomely quick response, and I now may consider them for my next PC purchase.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    There are many other factors that you should consider before deciding to buy a computer besides how quickly it can be delivered to you. For example, try giving Dell's tech support a call for a non-trivial problem and see how that goes.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Generally, Dell is ok. Where I have a problem with them is as a reseller of theirs. Try getting an answer or pricing for a client in a timely manner. Somedays the turn around is less then an hour and correct. Other days it can take 3 or 4 attempts before the quote contains the complete information.

Overall, their product performs well in the field and therefore, we rarely need to contact support.

There was one instance about 4 years ago where their support people required that we replace each component piece by piece until they were satisfied the problem was indeed the graphics card (as we reported to them on the initial phone call). 2 weeks later, their tech support troubleshooter finally reach the graphics card as a possible problem and shipped out a card. Viola! it worked. In the meantime, we had to replace the mobo, ram, cpu and hdd as well as wait for shipping of each of those components..remove the old...call them back.. have them send the next item... That must have been a rare instance as it NEVER happened like that since

......(of course we made a bit of noise on the lack of listening and troublshooting ability of their phone support people when we called with the problem and only needed the defective item replaced).

Anyway,
    Pretty good stuff overall. I'm looking at Lenovo as an additional option.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are many other factors that you should consider before deciding to buy a computer besides how quickly it can be delivered to you. For example, try giving Dell's tech support a call for a non-trivial problem and see how that goes.

I see your point, But when you're a Dell certified Tech they tend to send you the part you want icon_cool.gif

Try getting an answer or pricing for a client in a timely manner. Somedays the turn around is less then an hour and correct. Other days it can take 3 or 4 attempts before the quote contains the complete information.

I don't know about the reseller angle, but I know trying to get new HP pc's for work has been a nightmare. I ordered 2 PC's a month ago and have been resceduled 3 times. It sucks. If dell can perform a build this quickly and the equipment works reliably then I will be tickled.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    We service Dell too, but the one time just had a terrible time getting through to them we only need to replace the graphics card.

Most of the time, we do get what we need.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?