Options

Juniper bug has bitten me

flt0nujrflt0nujr Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just took the JNCIA exam today and passed with an awesome score.
B.S Information Technology Telecommunications
A.S Network Server Administration
M.S Information Security Management (expected 2014-2015)

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations. :) I agree, JunOS is fun to play with, and it's always nice to know a second language!
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Big congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif

So whats next?
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    flt0nujrflt0nujr Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well a month and 1/2 ago I sat for the CCNA Security Exam and failed the exam by 5 points. I was considering either resitting for the exam a second time or shifting gears and going for the Juniper exam. We'll I was going to resit the CCNA Security exam until a few of the Network Senior Engineers noticed that I just passed my CCNA a month and 1/2 ago and wondered why I hadn't applied for the Network Engineer slot. Now it seems the IP Tier 1 and 2 group has been really lobbying for me to come over and take this spot. Within this group I would be doing the following:

Troubleshooting IP Circuits
    Installs (configuring routers)
    DNS configurations
    Learning BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP
    Begin working with Juniper

So, I applied for the spot and I got the job. Now, I've been given 2 Juniper vouchers for any certification I want. I'm now paired up with a JNCIP Senior Engineer whose been making me his "Padiwan" learner for the last couple of weeks.
    So I maybe going for JNCIS-SEC next and also the ceh.
    B.S Information Technology Telecommunications
    A.S Network Server Administration
    M.S Information Security Management (expected 2014-2015)