Options

Any CCIE Security warriors here?

blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
I want to go for my digits within a few years, but I am thinking, what about first getting my CCNP-S and then going for CCIE-S.

Anyone know about the demand for this cert and experience with it?

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Security is a hot topic so I guess anything would be good.

You don't *need* the CCNP-S to take the CCIE - but it would certainly help. I've done only one of the CCNP-S exams as I've decided to go for the IE in R&S first - as R&S is the core of everything... but the Firewall exam that I did, ironically - has helped due to the fact that there is a section on Security in the R&S.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ahriakin (sp) has his CCIE Security. You could send him a pm.

CCNP S would probably help but you're probably going to touch upon the same topics on the exam and more so.

And if you're not going to go for it for a few years then you might as well do the professional track. It'll probably take 4-6 months if you study diligently.
  • Options
    pertpert Member Posts: 250
    I don't see how its possible to save any time by skipping an NP track to go straight to IE track. The only time you'd save is driving to and from the testing center, and the length of the test itself. Do you really think you can pass an IE lab but then get trounced by an NP exam?
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The demand is still very high. Since a lot of your reference material for the IE will also cover the P level security exams it's definitely advisable to do them along the way, helps set some clear milestones (and give you some achievement payback as you go).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?